NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Anyone a lawyer?


Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two cory with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cpi65 with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Zoethecus with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 7,278 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 19 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,593

If anyone here is a lawyer, specifically with regards to DMCA, please PM me.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
  #2 (permalink)
 studio88 
Queensland, Australia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, ProRealtime, Others
Broker: IB
Posts: 94 since May 2010
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 47


Big Mike View Post
If anyone here is a lawyer, specifically with regards to DMCA, please PM me.

Mike


Sorry I cant help Mike, but what exactly is DMCA? so if I or somebody else knows , comes across someone maybe we can assist in finding someone.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,593



studio88 View Post
Sorry I cant help Mike, but what exactly is DMCA? so if I or somebody else knows , comes across someone maybe we can assist in finding someone.

More here.

Basically, a particular vendor is unhappy with a thread on the site and has sent me a DMCA takedown notice. I know my options pretty well, but I want to get an attorney to answer some questions.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 studio88 
Queensland, Australia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, ProRealtime, Others
Broker: IB
Posts: 94 since May 2010
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 47

Ahh, I see, that would be an IP attorney for a Take Down Notice.

Well, I may be jumping the gun here but I if it is to do with images uploaded to your site/hosting say, could you not rather than removing the images can you just embed them with a IMG tag with a source URL?

Only guessing here of course, but I hope somebody else comes along and can post some facts or human resources to aid in such dispute.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,593


studio88 View Post
Ahh, I see, that would be an IP attorney for a Take Down Notice.

Well, I may be jumping the gun here but I if it is to do with images uploaded to your site/hosting say, could you not rather than removing the images can you just embed them with a IMG tag with a source URL?

Only guessing here of course, but I hope somebody else comes along and can post some facts or human resources to aid in such dispute.

It's not images. I'll give more details later.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 cpi65 
UK
 
Experience: None
Platform: -
Posts: 154 since Aug 2010
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 75

Can't you just take down the thread?? Hope it isn't something I've said!!

GL mate, this is a cool site!!


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)
 syxforex 
British Columbia
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NINJA
Broker: ZEN
Trading: Crude
Posts: 1,091 since May 2010

Hell no we won't go!


Big Mike View Post
It's not images. I'll give more details later.

Mike


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)
 
cory's Avatar
 cory 
virginia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Posts: 6,099 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,098

which vendor? Alsoyou may want to consult ET Baron as I am sure he deal with this problem from time to time.


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,593


cpi65 View Post
Can't you just take down the thread??

Yes, but why should I if I don't believe there is anything wrong or illegal about it? This is why I need to speak to an attorney.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,593



cory View Post
which vendor? Alsoyou may want to consult ET Baron as I am sure he deal with this problem from time to time.

Day Trade To Win

I will speak to an attorney Monday.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on August 10, 2010


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts