NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Limit order at market price?


Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,544 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 sw88 
New Haven, CT/USA
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: MT4, thinkorswim
Trading: stocks
Posts: 34 since Jul 2015
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 3

I see sierra chart has a limit chase order, but still didn't quite figure out how to use it.

Another problem I have is that I want to put a buy/sell order at market price, and okay to chase by couple of ticks. So far, the only way I can see is that I manually enter a limit price then click buy or sell; or carefully use crosshair point to find the market price, then right click the chart menu to put in buy or sell limit order. Is there any way that I can put in a buy/sell limit order at market price with one click?


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 Sawtooth 
Prescott AZ USA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: SierraChart
Broker: EdgeClear, FCM:Phillip, Data:Denali, Routing:Teton
Trading: YM RTY ES NQ
Posts: 480 since Nov 2009
Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 608


sw88 View Post
I see sierra chart has a limit chase order, but still didn't quite figure out how to use it.

Another problem I have is that I want to put a buy/sell order at market price, and okay to chase by couple of ticks. So far, the only way I can see is that I manually enter a limit price then click buy or sell; or carefully use crosshair point to find the market price, then right click the chart menu to put in buy or sell limit order. Is there any way that I can put in a buy/sell limit order at market price with one click?

Use the Chart DOM: Trade >> Trading Chart DOM On

Then set the Chart DOM settings like those in the attached pic:
Global Settings >> Chart DOM Settings.
This will give you the correct order type on both sides of the current price.

Then uncheck all Confirmations in the Trade Window >> Main tab >> M button >> Confirmations

Here's the documentation on Limit Chase orders:
Order Types - Sierra Chart


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ChartDOM settings.png
Views:	344
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	202125  
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on February 5, 2016


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts