NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





New with Multicharts


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,781 views
    2. thumb_up 3 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 fjgaspar 
Sevilla + Spain
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Multicharts
Trading: SP
Posts: 21 since May 2016
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 3

Hi,

I am new to Multicharts. I am Visual Basic and .Net programer, but I am not familiarized with Multicharts programming. I have read manuals and examples but I am not being able to figure out how to achieve what I want.

I just want to write an indicator that draws two horizontal lines in the graphic: one with the maximun value in a certain interval of hours (for example, from 3 PM to 8 PM, and one in the minimum. Of course, during those hours, those lines can move as new maximuns or minumuns are reached, but out of those hours the lines has to be fixed in the maximun and minimun.

Any help about where to begin?


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Jura's Avatar
 Jura   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 775 since Apr 2010
Thanks Given: 2,352
Thanks Received: 691



fjgaspar View Post
I am new to Multicharts. I am Visual Basic and .Net programer, but I am not familiarized with Multicharts programming. I have read manuals and examples but I am not being able to figure out how to achieve what I want.

I just want to write an indicator that draws two horizontal lines in the graphic: one with the maximun value in a certain interval of hours (for example, from 3 PM to 8 PM, and one in the minimum. Of course, during those hours, those lines can move as new maximuns or minumuns are reached, but out of those hours the lines has to be fixed in the maximun and minimun.

Any help about where to begin?

I've written several MultiCharts .NET tutorials here: MultiCharts .NET programming articles, including articles that discuss horizontal trend lines like How to create multiple horizontal trend lines?.

So you might want to start reading there.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on May 26, 2016


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts