NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Purchasing T-bills with unrealized cash


Discussion in Options

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,114 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
Stephen M
Portland, Oregon
 
Posts: 2 since Jul 2016
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

I'm a straddle writer that typically carries 30 to 40% of my net liquidity as unrealized cash, on which I’d like to earn some interest.

Does any one know which clearing firms allow the purchase of T-bills in excess of net liquidity?

Spoke with Wedbush today, and they do not.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 myrrdin 
Linz Austria
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TWS
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Commodities
Posts: 1,938 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 3,688
Thanks Received: 2,653



Stephen M View Post
I'm a straddle writer that typically carries 30 to 40% of my net liquidity as unrealized cash, on which I’d like to earn some interest.

Does any one know which clearing firms allow the purchase of T-bills in excess of net liquidity?

Spoke with Wedbush today, and they do not.

In my RJO account I held T-bills during the years when intest rates were higher.

Best regards, Myrrdin


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
Stephen M
Portland, Oregon
 
Posts: 2 since Jul 2016
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0


myrrdin View Post
In my RJO account I held T-bills during the years when intest rates were higher.

In excess of net liquidity?

I'm currently buying boxes with margin and unrealized cash at Interactive Brokers. SPX index options boxes yield 0.85%, about twice as much as one year t-bills, but they end up in the securities side of my account.

Can use ES in the commodity side, but yield is 20 basis points lower.

Others buying boxes? Which contracts?


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 myrrdin 
Linz Austria
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TWS
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Commodities
Posts: 1,938 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 3,688
Thanks Received: 2,653


Stephen M View Post
In excess of net liquidity?

I assume that with "net liquidity" you mean money to buy / sell additional futures.

Yes, I bought T-bills in excess of net liquidity. They were used insted of cash to cover margin.

Best regards, Myrrdin


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on August 12, 2016


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts