NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Building an automated signal and typing what the correct variable is?


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ABCTG with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two sandptrader with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 crescendo with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HICTrader with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,496 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
HICTrader
Manchester NewHampshire
 
Posts: 3 since Oct 2016
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Question 2

I am building an automated signal, and I trying to work through the following logic;

I have a Variable named SOPEN(0);

but I having issues with how I actually write the assigment of said variable

I want =[SOPEN] to be The Open Price at 8:30;

Thanks In advance


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

HICTrader,

this depends a bit on the charts you are using, but on time based charts something like this will work fine:
You will have to monitor the bar time in your code and if Time = 830 you would store the Open in your variable.

Regards,

ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra , TOS
Trading: 6E, ES, CL, GC
Posts: 498 since Sep 2010
Thanks Given: 1,881
Thanks Received: 472



HICTrader View Post
Question 2

I am building an automated signal, and I trying to work through the following logic;

I have a Variable named SOPEN(0);

but I having issues with how I actually write the assigment of said variable

I want =[SOPEN] to be The Open Price at 8:30;

Thanks In advance

@HICTrader here is a video that may help in solving your issue, or show you where you may find the answer you are looking for.
From the beginning he explains very well how he goes about developing his Strategy in the Wizard, and then actually Shows you how to change the Code, Check for issues, and where to go to help you with writing out your code.
At the 35:00 minute area he talks about "Time" also where to look for "Open" information that may help you with how to write out the code how you need it, so as it will perform how you need it to in your Strategy.
The First 40 minutes is very Good as showing Good Practice Technics to getting Started, as well as helping Solve issues in your Code.
Hope this could help you.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

sandptrader,

the good practice part is surely useful, but the actual code might not work for @HICTrader as it appears that he is using Multicharts as platform.

Regards,

ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #5 (permalink)
 crescendo 
Newark DE
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Trading: the Future
Posts: 4 since Dec 2015
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

If you're using EL multicharts, wouldn't something simple work like this:

 
Code
variables:  sopen ( 0 ) ;

if time = 0830 then begin sopen = Open ; end ;

if AtCommentaryBar then begin CommentaryCl( " sopen : ",  sopen ) ; end ;

I suppose one could argue whether open or close makes sense with a +/- factor depending on your X axis and what style of bars you are utilizing.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 15, 2016


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts