NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





ThinkorSwim Excel Journal


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Massive l with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two miktrading with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Dayzed with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 8,094 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
miktrading
Los Angeles, California
 
Posts: 24 since Mar 2017
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 8

Hey traders. I've done some digging through the forum looking for trading journals in excel.

I found some complicated and others simple, with great coding and journaling metrics.

I also noticed some traders were exporting data from NinjaTrader to their modified excel journals. I'm trading e-mini ES futures on ThinkorSwim and was wondering if anyone has been able to copy/export data from the platform to excel.

I attached one of the spreadsheets that I've found and I think it has good metrics and could use a few more.

Some to add would be # of contracts traded, time traded, R multiples.

Anyways, thanks everyone.


Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: TradePerformance.xlsx
Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Massive l's Avatar
 Massive l 
OR/USA
Legendary /NQ Trader
 
Experience: None
Posts: 2,129 since Mar 2011
Thanks Given: 1,859
Thanks Received: 5,109



miktrading View Post
Hey traders. I've done some digging through the forum looking for trading journals in excel.

I found some complicated and others simple, with great coding and journaling metrics.

I also noticed some traders were exporting data from NinjaTrader to their modified excel journals. I'm trading e-mini ES futures on ThinkorSwim and was wondering if anyone has been able to copy/export data from the platform to excel.

I attached one of the spreadsheets that I've found and I think it has good metrics and could use a few more.

Some to add would be # of contracts traded, time traded, R multiples.

Anyways, thanks everyone.

No. The only data I've seen available for export is from strategies and they only show a few things. The only metrics it shows is P/L, number of trades and max win. SUCKS!!!


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
Dayzed
Detroit, Michigan, United States
 
Posts: 38 since Feb 2017
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 20

Yea nothing easy from my experience. I always just manually update the basics and have Excel formulas figure out the other stuff automatically. Depends how many trades you do daily I suppose... But it only takes me a few minutes of data entry when im doing my journal at EOD. If anyone knows of anything tho that would be awesome!


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
Courage
LA CA
 
Posts: 29 since Feb 2019
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 21


miktrading View Post
Hey traders. I've done some digging through the forum looking for trading journals in excel.

I found some complicated and others simple, with great coding and journaling metrics.

I also noticed some traders were exporting data from NinjaTrader to their modified excel journals. I'm trading e-mini ES futures on ThinkorSwim and was wondering if anyone has been able to copy/export data from the platform to excel.

I attached one of the spreadsheets that I've found and I think it has good metrics and could use a few more.

Some to add would be # of contracts traded, time traded, R multiples.

Anyways, thanks everyone.

How does this work with ThinkOrSwim?


Does anyone know a free way to import ToS Trades so we can see our performance stats ?


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on April 27, 2019


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts