NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Walk-Forward Optimization Error


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one deltastrike with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two propch with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 joelbindi with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 alko with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,867 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 deltastrike 
California
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Trading: Futures
Posts: 6 since Mar 2012
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 0

I'm getting the "none of the samples have sufficient data for optimization" error, and it doesn't seem to make sense why I would be getting it.

I'm only using one data source, my maxbarsback is 50 (signal references 14 and 9 bars back by default), my data goes back 1500 days, and my optimization is for 1000 days.

Any thoughts?


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 alko 
San Diego, USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MC
Trading: All
Posts: 48 since Aug 2016
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 14


deltastrike View Post
I'm getting the "none of the samples have sufficient data for optimization" error, and it doesn't seem to make sense why I would be getting it.

I'm only using one data source, my maxbarsback is 50 (signal references 14 and 9 bars back by default), my data goes back 1500 days, and my optimization is for 1000 days.

Any thoughts?

it happens when you take daily data but in setting of the optimizer have data set in another time frame, like minutes


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
propch
Chicago, IL, USA
 
Posts: 2 since Oct 2016
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0



deltastrike View Post
I'm getting the "none of the samples have sufficient data for optimization" error, and it doesn't seem to make sense why I would be getting it.

I'm only using one data source, my maxbarsback is 50 (signal references 14 and 9 bars back by default), my data goes back 1500 days, and my optimization is for 1000 days.

Any thoughts?

Try adding a secondary series of the same or smaller resolution. This should prevent the data segmentation.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
ShahramTor
Onsala Sweden
 
Posts: 28 since Nov 2016
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1

Hi,

I keep geting this eror too and do not Know what to do.
No one of Solutions above helps.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 joelbindi 
Broadwater
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Trading: FX
Posts: 10 since Dec 2016
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Whenever I get this error, I usually decrease the amount of days to optimize for, instead of 1000 days try 900 then 800 then 700 ect. see if this works


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on March 2, 2017


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts