NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Position Trading with EOD data


Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Hodon with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two myrrdin with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SMCJB with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,477 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 5 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Hodon 
Citrus Springs FL/USA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Omnitrader, TWS
Trading: ES YM NQ BP AD HE S W SM HO RB
Posts: 6 since Jan 2016
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

I recently have moved from the hectic pace of day trading and am now position trading. Since I am placing trades MOO after EOD analysis I wonder if I really need the RT data.

It is a day trading throw back that I want to see the price at the moment but do I really need it. My plan is to just place the trade MOO.

Has anyone done position trading with EOD vice RT and what do you think?


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Is Volume Profile worth learning or is it an outdated co …
1 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 myrrdin 
Linz Austria
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TWS
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Commodities
Posts: 1,938 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 3,688
Thanks Received: 2,653



Hodon View Post
I recently have moved from the hectic pace of day trading and am now position trading. Since I am placing trades MOO after EOD analysis I wonder if I really need the RT data.

It is a day trading throw back that I want to see the price at the moment but do I really need it. My plan is to just place the trade MOO.

Has anyone done position trading with EOD vice RT and what do you think?

My medium and longterm trading is more successful if I forget about intraday charts and only rely on end of day data. As end of day I use the closing time of the former pits (eg. 1.15 pm Chicago Time for grains).

Once in a while I get into or out of a trade because of an intraday price move. More often than not this is a wrong decision.

Best regards, Myrrdin


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 
SMCJB's Avatar
 SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT Stellar & Tradestation
Broker: Primarily Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals, U308 and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Posts: 5,247 since Dec 2013
Thanks Given: 4,591
Thanks Received: 10,544


Hodon View Post
I wonder if I really need the RT data.

I think you will find that many/most brokers will only allow you to execute trades in markets that you have RT data for (but I could be wrong).


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 myrrdin 
Linz Austria
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TWS
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Commodities
Posts: 1,938 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 3,688
Thanks Received: 2,653


SMCJB View Post
I think you will find that many/most brokers will only allow you to execute trades in markets that you have RT data for (but I could be wrong).

DeCarley and Interactive Brokers allow for trading without having real time data. IAB will give you a warning, but you can overwrite it. (As I work with more than one broker I do not buy RT data for all of them.)

Best regards, Myrrdin


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 Hodon 
Citrus Springs FL/USA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Omnitrader, TWS
Trading: ES YM NQ BP AD HE S W SM HO RB
Posts: 6 since Jan 2016
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1


SMCJB View Post
I think you will find that many/most brokers will only allow you to execute trades in markets that you have RT data for (but I could be wrong).

yes, I only do analysis with the data in Omnitrader and trade it at (IB). I can link my platform to IB and trade directly but I am only trading EOD so just trade manually in IB.

Found out this morning that there is so little $ difference in having EOD vs RT is isn't worth it to not have RT.


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on May 1, 2017


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts