NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Incometrades "Crude" Journal


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Tikytrades with 2 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tderrick with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,600 views
    2. thumb_up 11 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 6 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Tikytrades 
Tampa, FL
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, NINJA
Trading: Currency Futures
Posts: 201 since Jul 2010
Thanks Given: 856
Thanks Received: 144

Hello All,

Today I am starting my journal on the Cl. I have been trading full time for 1 year. I trade Cl and have been tweaking my system for a while. I use Tradestation along with Think or Swim. I only use Price, 1 moving average. I have a 10 tick target. As I go along with this journal I will increase contracts after weekly goals of 5 points and after two consecutive profitable ones. I have used daily goals but I have overtraded because of them. So I will start with no more than three trades a day max loss $400.00. I will load charts and let this begin.


Incometrade
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tradestaion daily pic.bmp
Views:	399
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	20179   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-09-14-TOS_CHARTS.png
Views:	402
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	20180  
Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
jagui's Avatar
 jagui 
Italy - Roma
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja + proprietary
Broker: IB
Trading: Index futures, Forex, Stocks
Posts: 205 since Jul 2010
Thanks Given: 298
Thanks Received: 314


Good luck with your journal, I will read it and try to understand a little about CL.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590


incometrade View Post
Hello All,

Today I am starting my journal on the Cl. I have been trading full time for 1 year. I trade Cl and have been tweaking my system for a while. I use Tradestation along with Think or Swim. I only use Price, 1 moving average. I have a 10 tick target. As I go along with this journal I will increase contracts after weekly goals of 5 points and after two consecutive profitable ones. I have used daily goals but I have overtraded because of them. So I will start with no more than three trades a day max loss $400.00. I will load charts and let this begin.

Nice looking charts.

Congratulations on starting the journal, I look forward to it.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590

@incometrade, I hope you didn't give up on the journal already How has your trading been? You should share your trades and update the journal again.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 Tikytrades 
Tampa, FL
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, NINJA
Trading: Currency Futures
Posts: 201 since Jul 2010
Thanks Given: 856
Thanks Received: 144

Sorry I have been sick with bronchitis for 3 weeks and have not traded. I will get back to it next week.


Incometrade
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #7 (permalink)
 
tderrick's Avatar
 tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Posts: 1,588 since Sep 2010
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532


incometrade View Post
Sorry I have been sick with bronchitis for 3 weeks and have not traded. I will get back to it next week.


Bring it!!!! Looking forward...



AJ
Nashville, Tennessee


"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote




Last Updated on October 7, 2010


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts