NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





ICS treasury spreads


Discussion in Treasury Notes and Bonds

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,856 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Nedster 
Cleveland, OH
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader/Jigsaw
Trading: ZB
Posts: 35 since Jun 2015
Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 17

I am new to trading the ICS treasury spreads (i.e. exchange traded spreads - implied and pre-packaged spreads) and have previously legged in on each contract in the spread. I have been experimenting on simulation using Sierra Chart and am confused. I have read the CME literature on the ICS spreads and could not find an answer to my question.

For example, I was long the NOB ICS spread with entry at -0'03 where it stayed until temporary market close at 4:00 Chicago time. When trading resumed, the bid ask had returned to 0'00 as the CME literature indicates. On sim my position stays at -0'03 and therefore, I am in profit. What would really happen in the live market? Where would my position be? Would it also be at 0'00 since the market was where I originally entered prior to close? I have no one else to ask and the only other way I could otherwise find out would be to place a live trade which I am reluctant to do until I have all the relevant information.

Thanks

Ned


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
SMCJB's Avatar
 SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT Stellar & Tradestation
Broker: Primarily Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals, U308 and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Posts: 5,247 since Dec 2013
Thanks Given: 4,591
Thanks Received: 10,544


I don't trade ICS specifically but I do trade a lot of CME spreads and since nobody else has replied yet I'll take a stab.

Looking at Interest Rate Products at https://www.cmegroup.com/confluence/display/EPICSANDBOX/Implied+Intercommodity+Ratio+Spreads it says

Implied Pricing
Treasury Spread prices are expressed in terms of each leg’s net change from the previous trade date settlement price.


That means in your example above the price hasn't moved from -0'03 to 0, the settlement price changed. Hence you haven't made 0'03 either. Once settlement updates the best way to calculate PnL is probably to look at the PnL of the two individual legs.

For what it's worth I think Interest Rates are the only product on Globex that sometimes price relative to settlement rather than as outright prices.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 Nedster 
Cleveland, OH
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader/Jigsaw
Trading: ZB
Posts: 35 since Jun 2015
Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 17

Thank you for your help. What spreads do you trade?


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 
SMCJB's Avatar
 SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT Stellar & Tradestation
Broker: Primarily Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals, U308 and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Posts: 5,247 since Dec 2013
Thanks Given: 4,591
Thanks Received: 10,544

Mostly NG & CL & a little GE


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on July 23, 2017


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts