NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





How volatile are your results?


Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two tmp01 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HinduMVP with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 iantg with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 1,835 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 tmp01 
Vienna
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: Currency Futures, Crude CL
Posts: 2 since Sep 2014
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 1

Hi all,

to those that are profitable.. how volatile are your results? do you have losing months or years? those that trade more short-term.. how often do you have losing weeks or months?

Looking forward to your replies. Thanks!


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
HinduMVP
Canada
 
Posts: 16 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Received: 6


I'm not consistently profitable yet, but I realized that my results have been much better once I made a commitment to CONSISTENTLY trade every day.

There's a quote which I read somewhere, "If you do things once in a while, expect results once in a while". I believe that it's key to stick with it as long as possible.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 iantg 
charlotte nc
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: My Own System
Posts: 409 since Jan 2015
Thanks Given: 91
Thanks Received: 1,155

Hi,

I have posted a ton of statistics from some of the various systems that I have built. These include daily, weekly, monthly and draw down stats. This will give you an idea.



I think the key is to understand that no matter how great your system is, you will have losing days, losing weeks, and even losing months occasionally, but if your system beats the market over a larger time period such as quarterly or annually you will be fine. Think of it like looking at your 401k statement every month or so. Sometimes it's up, sometimes it's down, but in the long run it works. This is the way a trading system needs to be.

I personally believe that you should keep your draw downs under $10k per contract, and if you hit a rough spot, it will likely correct. Don't change the entire system mid course, this will often lead to far more trouble.

Take a look at my journal, I have a ton of posts with statistics of different systems I have developed. If you have any questions let me know.

Happy Trading!

Ian


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 2, 2017


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts