NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Coffee 'KC' or 'KT' ?


Discussion in Commodities

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,740 views
    2. thumb_up 4 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Thatsbooo 
Switzerland
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: IB
Trading: RB, GC, CL, ES, US, S
Posts: 26 since Jul 2017
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 2

Hi,

Can someone explain the difference between Coffee Future 'KC' (ICE) and 'KT' (NYMEX)?

Which one I have to take? There are also two different Trading Hours:

CME Group --> 18:00-17:00 ET
ICE --> 4:15 AM - 1:30 PM

Thanks!


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Is Volume Profile worth learning or is it an outdated co …
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 myrrdin 
Linz Austria
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TWS
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Commodities
Posts: 1,938 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 3,688
Thanks Received: 2,653


Thatsbooo View Post
Hi,

Can someone explain the difference between Coffee Future 'KC' (ICE) and 'KT' (NYMEX)?

Which one I have to take? There are also two different Trading Hours:

CME Group --> 18:00-17:00 ET
ICE --> 4:15 AM - 1:30 PM

Thanks!

Unfortunately there is no volume for the KT contract.

Thus, you have to trade the KC contract.

(Unfortunately because live data for ICE contracts is very expensive.)

Best regards, Myrrdin


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
 Thatsbooo 
Switzerland
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: IB
Trading: RB, GC, CL, ES, US, S
Posts: 26 since Jul 2017
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 2


Hallo myrrdin

So I have to pay the $117 for ICE Data Fee?

btw: 4:15 AM - 1:30 PM is the trading hour for the electronic market, not the Pit session, right?


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 myrrdin 
Linz Austria
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TWS
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Commodities
Posts: 1,938 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 3,688
Thanks Received: 2,653


Thatsbooo View Post
Hallo myrrdin

So I have to pay the $117 for ICE Data Fee?

btw: 4:15 AM - 1:30 PM is the trading hour for the electronic market, not the Pit session, right?

I do not pay the ICE data fee. I am medium to longterm trader and usually hold my trades for weeks or months. For the selection of the trade delayed price data is good enough. I receive it via Trade Navigator. To enter a trade I receive live bid / ask data from my broker.

As far as I know futures are only traded in the electronic market.

Best regards, Myrrdin


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #5 (permalink)
 Thatsbooo 
Switzerland
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: IB
Trading: RB, GC, CL, ES, US, S
Posts: 26 since Jul 2017
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 2

Thank you for your help I really appreciate that


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 8, 2017


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts