NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





list with quote manager settings


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,130 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Thatsbooo 
Switzerland
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: IB
Trading: RB, GC, CL, ES, US, S
Posts: 26 since Jul 2017
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 2

Hi,

I make an excel list with all the important information about all the markets. Now I already have the IB margins, trading hours, etc. but I fail on the right quote manager settings with Price Scale, Min. Movement and Big Point Value. I have already searched here in the forum and google but I couldn't find all the necessary information.

Does anyone already have a list with the correct settings (Price Scale, Min. Move and BigPointValue) ??

Or could someone explain on a few markets how I can calculate this myself. I do not understand it and I feel really stupid....


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
  #2 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

Thatsbooo,

take a look at the definitions in the MC wiki, they clarify them quite well:

https://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/BigPointValue
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/PriceScale
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/MinMove

As Tradestation uses the same values, you can also look up definitions and explanations via google that deal with Tradestation.

BigPointValue (Reserved Word)
PriceScale (Reserved Word)
MinMove (Reserved Word)

These should help clarifying things for you.

Regards,

ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 Thatsbooo 
Switzerland
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: IB
Trading: RB, GC, CL, ES, US, S
Posts: 26 since Jul 2017
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 2


Thank you ABCTG,

I found all information in Ninjatrader Instrument Manager


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 15, 2017


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts