NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Journal of competing against my own algorithm


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,323 views
    2. thumb_up 3 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
auroratrader
Seattle WA/USA
 
Posts: 3 since Feb 2018
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi guys,

I am here to journal my trading results against an algorithm that I created.
Everyday, I am going to post the daily gain/losses for:
1) my own discretionary trading results
2) my own discretionary trading results with the help of the algorithm
3) the algorithm by itself

I am going to treat this as a scientific inquiry to find out the results for:
1) pure human
2) human + machine
3) pure machine

My instinct is the human + machine will far outperform either, and the end goal is to replace myself with AI.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
auroratrader
Seattle WA/USA
 
Posts: 3 since Feb 2018
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1


Here is my result for today:

My biggest mistake was buying this week's put option for CMG instead of next week's. Since this week's option decayed too much, I keep adding to the position and CMG never really came back down. Had I bought next week's option like my rule told me to, I would have been fine and came out with a small loss.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on February 20, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts