NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





SC Spreadsheet Stop-Limit not working


Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,842 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
DavesRisk
Cleveland, Ohio
 
Posts: 5 since Jul 2010
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

I have a spreadsheet strategy programmed and my chart populates with Up/Down arrows that mark the entry bars (column K & M.) Also marked on the entry bar is my programmed Entry/Exit levels (column L & N.) When I run a backtest I mostly I get an entry price that looks like a market entry at bar close or some price marked on the next bar.

In the Spreadsheet For Trading study settings I've tried numerous combinations with the "Bar Close" and "Order Type" settings and different Chart Trade settings but I can't get an entry or exit at my programmed price.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to only enter after price moves in the intended direction of the trade. I want to place a Stop-Limit Order for entry and a Market Order Stop for exit. For example, a Stop-Limit Buy order one (1) ES point above the entry (signal) bar and a Market Stop below the signal bar.

First I need to get the Stop-Limit entry working. The next feature I want is for when the Exit price is traded before the Entry price, in that case I'd like both the Entry and Exit orders to cancel without having entered a position.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
bradhouser
Northern California where the girls are warm
 
Posts: 125 since Nov 2010
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 72



DavesRisk View Post
I have a spreadsheet strategy programmed and my chart populates with Up/Down arrows that mark the entry bars (column K & M.) Also marked on the entry bar is my programmed Entry/Exit levels (column L & N.) When I run a backtest I mostly I get an entry price that looks like a market entry at bar close or some price marked on the next bar.

In the Spreadsheet For Trading study settings I've tried numerous combinations with the "Bar Close" and "Order Type" settings and different Chart Trade settings but I can't get an entry or exit at my programmed price.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to only enter after price moves in the intended direction of the trade. I want to place a Stop-Limit Order for entry and a Market Order Stop for exit. For example, a Stop-Limit Buy order one (1) ES point above the entry (signal) bar and a Market Stop below the signal bar.

First I need to get the Stop-Limit entry working. The next feature I want is for when the Exit price is traded before the Entry price, in that case I'd like both the Entry and Exit orders to cancel without having entered a position.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

You can set Limit orders with the spreadsheet. I think "Market Stop below the signal bar" is called "Market if Touched".

For limit order entries: Use Cells J71 and J73 to set the order type to Limit, and J72 and J74 to MIT. Then set the price levels in J22 through J25 using a formulas that involve your signal.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on July 23, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts