NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Semicolon error in the formula after "CurrentBar"


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,640 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 FollowTheMoney 
Sydney, Australia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES NQ CL GC
Posts: 2 since Oct 2017
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Hi guys, New to EL here so likely I am overlooking something simple.

I am trying to code a strategy that requires an indicator to cross a threshold line, then wait, and then take the exit as it crosses the threshold again. However, something is wrong with compiling - in Condition_4 formula, it assumes CurrentBar needs to end the argument - asks for ')' there, in another version it similarly it asks for semicolon.

Please let me know what am I missing. I used a similar example from TS help files, with the same problem.

Thank you.


 
Code
Condition_2 = ( IndicatorValue > ThresholdHigh );

if Condition_2 then
	begin
	 Condition_3 = true ; // record that condition 2 happened, keeps ther record even after conditon 2 becomes false
	 value_1 = CurrentBar ; // record at which bar condition 2 happened
	end ; 

Condition_4	= ( CurrentBar – value_1 ) > 2 ; // wait 2 bars or more after condition 2 (used to start looking for exit condition)


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489



FollowTheMoney View Post
Hi guys, New to EL here so likely I am overlooking something simple.

I am trying to code a strategy that requires an indicator to cross a threshold line, then wait, and then take the exit as it crosses the threshold again. However, something is wrong with compiling - in Condition_4 formula, it assumes CurrentBar needs to end the argument - asks for ')' there, in another version it similarly it asks for semicolon.

Please let me know what am I missing. I used a similar example from TS help files, with the same problem.

Thank you.


 
Code
Condition_2 = ( IndicatorValue > ThresholdHigh );

if Condition_2 then
	begin
	 Condition_3 = true ; // record that condition 2 happened, keeps ther record even after conditon 2 becomes false
	 value_1 = CurrentBar ; // record at which bar condition 2 happened
	end ; 

Condition_4	= ( CurrentBar – value_1 ) > 2 ; // wait 2 bars or more after condition 2 (used to start looking for exit condition)



Try retyping the Condition_4 line from scratch. I think you might have an invalid character (like a tab character) in the code before the equal sign.

I retyped that line, and it verifies fine.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 FollowTheMoney 
Sydney, Australia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES NQ CL GC
Posts: 2 since Oct 2017
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0


kevinkdog View Post
Try retyping the Condition_4 line from scratch. I think you might have an invalid character (like a tab character) in the code before the equal sign.

I retyped that line, and it verifies fine.

Kevin, thanks for solving my not so fun mystery! Great tip!


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on March 19, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts