NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





drawing rectangles until further intersection


Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,867 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 futbee 
Effelder
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Posts: 4 since Oct 2010
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi,

I searched for a solution but can't find any, so here's my problem:
I want to draw rectangles into an range bar chart but only if later in time the price reaches this price level,
at this point the rectangel should end.
I realized the rectangles with the sc.UseTool funtion and using a persistent integer via sc.GetPersistentInt(1) but I end up with a chart full of rectangles.
I then tried to use the function sc.AddLineUntilFutureIntersection but it draws only lines.

My question is, how can I realize this "until further intersection" with rectangles or how can I stop drawing "old" rectangles?

Thanks for any tips
Mario


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
bradhouser
Northern California where the girls are warm
 
Posts: 125 since Nov 2010
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 72


I would look at the sc function for the line and see if you can use it twice, and use an or function to detect crossovers.


Sent from my iPad using NexusFi


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on April 2, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts