NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Be Notified of Multiple Timeframe TTM_Squeezes


Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
    1. trending_up 5,158 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
TomM8888
Chicago IL / USA
 
Posts: 1 since Mar 2018
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi - I want to be notified when a ticker has more than one TTM_Squeeze
in play. For e.g. if I am in a 2 minute chart and the stock symbol
has a squeeze in the daily chart, I want TOS to tell me that
a squeeze also exists in the daily chart by some kind of message on
the 2 minute chart.

I know that I can do a TOS scan and do a multiple timeframe query
for TTM_Squeezes, but I wanted to mirror this functionality in
thinkscript.

Following (in the attachments) are some screenshots of what progress I have so far:

I used the ticker symbol OLLI, but any ticker symbol could be used with
a daily squeeze.

Note that the 2 minute OLLI chart does not have a squeeze, but the daily one does
(i.e. red dots in the zero line).
I was trying to show a label in red when the daily had a squeeze. But it shows
green signifying that there is no squeeze. If I switch to the daily chart, the label does turn red.
So, it looks like my thinkscript is
detecting a squeeze only when the chart I'm displaying has a squeeze.

Does anybody have any ideas?



The script contents of TM_Identity_Multiple_Timeframe_Squeezes is this:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
DefineGlobalColor("green", Color.GREEN);
DefineGlobalColor("red", Color.RED);

plot DailyClose = close(period = "Day"); # plot daily closing price

def DaySqz = if (DailyClose.TTM_Squeeze().SqueezeAlert == 0)
then 1 else 0; # Test whether DailyClose has a squeeze

AddLabel(yes, DaySqz, GlobalColor("green")); # display boolean value

AddLabel(yes, "Day", if DaySqz
then GlobalColor("red") else GlobalColor("green" )); # display label red if dailyclose has squeeze
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--TomM8888


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OLLI_2min_chart.gif
Views:	579
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	248498   Click image for larger version

Name:	OLLI_daily_chart.gif
Views:	481
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	248499   Click image for larger version

Name:	Studies_On_this_chart.gif
Views:	395
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	248500  
Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
Sammyp800
New York
 
Posts: 1 since Apr 2014
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hi Tom. Where you ever able to figure out how to the the label on multiple timeframes for TTM_Squeeze?
I have been trying for a while also. Not able to do it.
so far I got this


def sqz = !TTM_Squeeze().SqueezeAlert;
def direction = TTM_Squeeze()>TTM_Squeeze()[1];
def count = if sqz and !sqz[1] then 1 else count[1]+1;
def fired = if !sqz and sqz[1] then 1 else 0;
def firedCount = if fired then 1 else firedCount[1]+1;
def firedDirection = if fired then direction else firedDirection[1];
addLabel(yes, if sqz then “Squeeze:” + count else if sum(fired,5) then “Fired:” + firedCOunt + if firedDirection then ” Long” else ” Short” else “-”, if sqz then color.red else if sum(fired,5) and firedDirection then color.green else color.orange);


or I this one

def ttm_Squeeze = (TTM_Squeeze().SqueezeAlert == 0);
AddLabel(yes, concat("x=", ttm_Squeeze), color.RED);

Hopefully you get this message.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on May 6, 2019


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts