NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Market Condition: Ask is Specific Amount Below First Open of The Day


Discussion in Stocks and ETFs

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,484 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
mshannonjones
columbia, sc/usa
 
Posts: 1 since Apr 2018
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

I wonder if anyone could help me with a simple way (Thinkscript in Thinkorswim) for my market condition to start a stock buy order when the Ask price is less than or equal to the very first Open of the day (first aggregation period, not the Open for the day) by a certain amount. For instance, -.011 below that first Open? I have used the DailyOpen study, but if I put in my buy orders to start at 9:30am when the market opens, it seems the Open price for the day is not always established, therefore I get fills at a price above the Open for the day. I would like to be more precise and make my market condition trigger in reference to the very FIRST Open price of the first aggregation period. I have tried using the First(); function in a study, but the market condition will not allow me to use my study (obviously because I must be missing something). Thanks!


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks




Last Updated on April 23, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts