NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





What PC components upgrade to have FASTER multichart Optimizazion?


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,513 views
    2. thumb_up 4 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
Dvdkite
Trieste Italy
 
Posts: 162 since Feb 2018
Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 25

Hello everyone,

I'm posting here because I'm using multichart and I didn't find a better sub forum suitable for the question.

I'm actually have developed some strategies that actually require an optimization. On some strategies I'm also planning to do a complete Walk forward optimization (it will be my first time!) but As I can see it requirest a lot of time if you just have 4 to 6 parameters then I can't imagine if I also try to find the best hours interval to trade using the simulation... it will take days to complete eh eh ...

So actually I'll deal with my actual PC of course... but I would like to ask to all the veterans and experts here what are the component in a Windows Desktop computer that can be upgraded in order to made the optimization process on multichart Faster? Shall I just have a lot of RAM and a powerful cpu? Is multichart using also the graphic card processor?

I just would like to know How can I make my PC Faster or in case I decide to build a new dedicated PC what are the aspect that I need to take care for maximum performance with MC and backtesting optimizations?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

David


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
  #2 (permalink)
bradhouser
Northern California where the girls are warm
 
Posts: 125 since Nov 2010
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 72

I suggest you look here https://www.multicharts.com/tech-specs/


Sent from my iPad using NexusFi


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
bradhouser
Northern California where the girls are warm
 
Posts: 125 since Nov 2010
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 72


Also, an SSD always helps.


Sent from my iPad using NexusFi


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

David,

you can find a lot of good information in the threads in this link: https://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=6845#p48484

Regards,

ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #5 (permalink)
Dvdkite
Trieste Italy
 
Posts: 162 since Feb 2018
Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 25

Thank you for all suggestions and links.

So it appear that basically the more core you have to more fast will be the optimization.
Even if I have many charts open then one cpu will be dedicated to every chart.

Nice info for my next computer.

Thanks again !


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on April 27, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts