NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





help on calling external DLL


Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,020 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 sureway 
San Diego
 
Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: CL
Posts: 28 since Dec 2017
Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 7

Good morning, can I get some help on loading an external DLL file?

I have been following the following instructions, which does not carries much technical details.
https://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?page=doc/ACSILProgrammingConcepts.html

My specific questions are:
  1. which of the following is correct, if the external dll name is MathLibrary.dll?
    1. LoadLibrary("MathLibrary.dll")
    2. LoadLibrary("MathLibrary")
    3. LoadLibrary(TEXT("MathLibrary.dll"))
    4. LoadLibrary(TEXT("MathLibrary"))
  2. Where should I put Math.dll? Under the Data directory or the ACS_Source directory?

Thanks a lot!


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 Trembling Hand 
Melbourne, Land of Oz
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart, CQG
Broker: CQG
Trading: HSI
Posts: 249 since Jun 2011
Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 369


Sureway what is the function/s you want to use in MathLibrary.dll? I'm not sure you need to go that way.

I haven't got enough posts to put in links but drop this in your browser and have a look,

> stackoverflow.com/questions/414761/how-do-i-reference-a-dll-in-a-vc-project


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 sureway 
San Diego
 
Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: CL
Posts: 28 since Dec 2017
Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 7

Hi Trembling Hand,

Thanks for your reply. I was actually thinking of doing the most coding in another modern language called Rust. I would get a DLL from Rust to feed with VC. After digging for a while, I figured out how to do this. But after thinking twice about the idea, I ended up giving it up. I decide to do all the coding in c++ now.

Have a good day!




Trembling Hand View Post
Sureway what is the function/s you want to use in MathLibrary.dll? I'm not sure you need to go that way.

I haven't got enough posts to put in links but drop this in your browser and have a look,

> stackoverflow.com/questions/414761/how-do-i-reference-a-dll-in-a-vc-project


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on May 10, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts