NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Looking for a good template/strategy setup (NT7 or NT8) for pre market CL and GC


Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one justin217 with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 taylo88885 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,005 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 justin217 
Dunlap Illinois
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: YM
Posts: 28 since Mar 2017
Thanks Given: 38
Thanks Received: 12

I am looking for a good "strategy/template" for pre-market e-mini CL and e-mini GC on NT7 or NT8 to take potential entries from 5/6am CST to 7/8am CST before I leave for work.

Does anyone have a good strat or template they know or use that would work during this slow moving window to ketch a few quick ticks consistently before work. I used to have a "system" I used that gave me good setups and I could get anywhere from 10-30 ticks between CL and GC during that time frame but I no longer have access to it. I am looking for something effective yet simple to learn (and preferably free).

Again, I know I wont ketch moves every morning but these commodities do tend to move most mornings to basically get a good scalp that could turn to a trend trade.

Thanks!


Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
cory's Avatar
 cory 
virginia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Posts: 6,099 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,098


>I used to have a "system" I used
post some screens then we can try to duplicate it. Why ask for an unproven setup when you already have a proven one.



justin217 View Post
I am looking for a good "strategy/template" for pre-market e-mini CL and e-mini GC on NT7 or NT8 to take potential entries from 5/6am CST to 7/8am CST before I leave for work.

Does anyone have a good strat or template they know or use that would work during this slow moving window to ketch a few quick ticks consistently before work. I used to have a "system" I used that gave me good setups and I could get anywhere from 10-30 ticks between CL and GC during that time frame but I no longer have access to it. I am looking for something effective yet simple to learn (and preferably free).

Again, I know I wont ketch moves every morning but these commodities do tend to move most mornings to basically get a good scalp that could turn to a trend trade.

Thanks!


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 justin217 
Dunlap Illinois
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: YM
Posts: 28 since Mar 2017
Thanks Given: 38
Thanks Received: 12


cory View Post
>I used to have a "system" I used
post some screens then we can try to duplicate it. Why ask for an unproven setup when you already have a proven one.

I cant, it was a paid membership I no longer have and they decommissioned that system I used.


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on June 21, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts