NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





[SOLVED] Back dated stock scanner?


Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,994 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
makuchaku
Cupertino, CA
 
Posts: 13 since Dec 2018
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 1

Hi there,

I love practicing paper-trading in ThinkOrSwim OnDemand. This helps me to back to any date and try out my strategies.

PROBLEM
One problem I always grapple is finding the right stocks - as the ToS scan doesn't work in onDemand.

QUESTION
Is there any free stock scanner which I can run in back-date. Say I want to see all stocks which had 20ema > 100ema on 1st December 2018 at 7 AM. Most of the scanners I came across on web, work on current data.


Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks!


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
cory's Avatar
 cory 
virginia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Posts: 6,099 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,098

chart mill
https://www.chartmill.com/documentation.php/stock-screener/Run-your-screens-%E2%80%A6.-in-the-past?a=536&title=&cat=52


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
makuchaku
Cupertino, CA
 
Posts: 13 since Dec 2018
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 1




Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for
Cheers!


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on December 31, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts