NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





TOS vs NT tick data


Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,338 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
TITrader123
Tallinn + Estonia
 
Posts: 3 since Apr 2019
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Hi guys,

I have a custom indicator in TOS that I replicated in NT. Even if they seem to be 1:1, I get totally different values.
This ES indicator is meant to work with tick data and as little I managed to find anywhere, it seems like I need to also have exactly the same data provider. I am just very surprised that TOS and NT tick data differ so much that the indicator is not even close.
Anybody ever experienced the same problem when trying to test in NT? Could tick data really differ this much?

Thanks
T


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 hurleydood 
San Diego, California/USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Hours
Posts: 28 since Jun 2012
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 27

If you want the tick charts to line up perfectly with Thinkorswim you have to match the sessions that Thinkorswim uses.

Example settings I use for the ES on NT7


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
TITrader123
Tallinn + Estonia
 
Posts: 3 since Apr 2019
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0


Thank you!


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on April 16, 2019


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts