NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





EL Code For Widest Range in Past 4 Bars


Discussion in TradeStation

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,656 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
conqstspd
Fort Lauderdale Florida
 
Posts: 3 since Jan 2020
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

I recently did some reading and found a trade setup I would like to code for TS. Unfortunately I am not a coder

I want a ShowMe or Paintbar when:

Bar makes the widest range of the past 4 bars

Both for intraday timeframes(30/60/120/240) and daily.

TS has one for Narrow Range Bar but not widest - odd.

Any help or input would be appreciated.

Best


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
  #2 (permalink)
 olobay 
Montreal
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: DeepDiscountTrading.com
Trading: CL
Posts: 364 since Jul 2011


conqstspd View Post
I recently did some reading and found a trade setup I would like to code for TS. Unfortunately I am not a coder

I want a ShowMe or Paintbar when:

Bar makes the widest range of the past 4 bars

Both for intraday timeframes(30/60/120/240) and daily.

TS has one for Narrow Range Bar but not widest - odd.

Any help or input would be appreciated.

Best

Try this:

 
Code
Input: NR(4);

IF H-L>Highest(H-L,NR-1)[1] Then Begin
Plot1(High,"High");
Plot2(Low,"Low");
End;


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
conqstspd
Fort Lauderdale Florida
 
Posts: 3 since Jan 2020
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0


Wow! Think you nailed it. The code you sent is definitely highlighting the bar I found manually yesterday.

Appreciate your effort!


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on January 24, 2020


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts