NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Not Trading during Economic Events


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,838 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
w0lverine
Charlotte, NC, United States
 
Posts: 1 since Apr 2019
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

I am creating a strategy to not trade during specific economic events i.e EIA or FOMC statements or be in a trade during those times. But I am not sure what If statement I need. I have the following code:

Quoting 
variables:
Avg1( 0 ),
Avg2( 0 ),
MP (0), //MarketPosition Reservered word
StartUnemploymentRate1 ( 0829),
EndUnemploymentRate1 ( 0830),
StartCrudeOilInvetories1 ( 1029),
EndCrudeOilInvetories1 ( 1031),
StartCrudeOilInvetories2 ( 1100),
EndCrudeOilInvetories2 ( 1101),
StartNaturalGasInventories1 ( 1029),
EndNaturalGasInventories1 ( 1031),
StartCropProduction1 ( 1159),
EndCropProduction1 ( 1201),
StartFOMCStatement1 ( 1259),
EndFOMCStatement2 ( 1259),
StartofDay ( 0931),
EndofDay ( 1500);

//Economic Announcements that we do not want to trade in:

Condition1 = T >= StartUnemploymentRate1 and T <= EndUnemploymentRate1;
Condition2 = T >= StartCrudeOilInvetories1 and T <= EndCrudeOilInvetories1;
Condition3 = T >= StartCrudeOilInvetories2 and T <= EndCrudeOilInvetories2;
Condition4 = T >= StartNaturalGasInventories1 and T <= EndNaturalGasInventories1;
Condition5 = T >= StartCropProduction1 and T <= EndCropProduction1;
Condition6 = T >= StartFOMCStatement1 and T <= EndFOMCStatement2;
Condition7 = T >= StartofDay and T <= EndofDay;


//Need to define strategy to not trade during these predetermined timeframes

// This ensures me all trades are closed before the respective time
if MarketPosition <> 0 and Condition1 = True then begin

if MarketPosition = 1 then Sell All Contracts Next Bar At Market;
if MarketPosition = -1 then Buytocover All Contracts Next Bar At Market;

end;

I will eventually turn this into a function and create a large Or statement but for now, I am trying to figure out how to ensure I am not in a trade during the stated times. While MarketPosition is helpful, it can cause issues depending on what chart type I use. So what is a good If statement to use to ensure I am not in a trade during the predefined times?


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks




Last Updated on March 25, 2020


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts