NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





AB Journal: Pivot Focused


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,399 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
abagdasaryan
Philadelphia, PA, USA
 
Posts: 5 since Apr 2020
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

I am new here, but I do have experience trading futures (if you count liquidated accounts as experience )

This discipline of documenting my trades is something I have wished to implement, but never did so, mostly because the strategies I was using and testing were ones I didn't have much faith in. And a little doubt begets all sorts of trading problems, especially in risk management.

Anyhow, I use pivots nowadays, and have found them to be wonderfully accurate if you map them correctly.

Yesterday was such a time.

Trading micro Jun contract es futures around 2:30 PM, mapped to upside, and took a SHORT scalp at 1:1 Extension.

Shorted at 2627.25, and closed position on small quarter pull back at 2617.75 20 minutes later. 9.5 points. I will take it

Wanted to get in again for a short at 2628 around 3PM, but didn't want to ruin my luck.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
AllSeeker's Avatar
 AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Posts: 1,535 since Jan 2019
Thanks Given: 5,617
Thanks Received: 5,322

Welcome!!

Little one line story for you, it was told to us on passing in our uni lecture.
"There is company somewhere in this world where a man was not fired for doing a mistake but given raise"

Despite the seemingly unpractical matter here and assuming mistake to be genuine, the reasoning behind was that the man was now far less likely to commit the same mistake again compared to someone who had not yet.

Moral here is that "liquidated accounts" are counted as quite an experience.


Just out of curiosity, what kind of pivots are those? And please elaborate on "mapped correctly", I thought pivot probably had the easiest calculations to code out there. I want to know if I'm missing something.

Sorry to intrude, but I'm newbie and I like to learn new things


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
abagdasaryan
Philadelphia, PA, USA
 
Posts: 5 since Apr 2020
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4



LastDino View Post
Welcome!!

Little one line story for you, it was told to us on passing in our uni lecture.
"There is company somewhere in this world where a man was not fired for doing a mistake but given raise"

Despite the seemingly unpractical matter here and assuming mistake to be genuine, the reasoning behind was that the man was now far less likely to commit the same mistake again compared to someone who had not yet.

Moral here is that "liquefied accounts" are counted as quite an experience.


Just out of curiosity, what kind of pivots are those? And please elaborate on "mapped correctly", I thought pivot probably had the easiest calculations to code out there. I want to know if I'm missing something.

Sorry to intrude, but I'm newbie and I like to learn new things


I prefer quarter pivots, instead of fibs. I have found that fibs are easy to get trapped on from my experience, as all the algos know that everyone uses them.

Regarding mapping, I have found that practice and practice and practice is the only teacher with how to get them right. I can't quite explain over text, as finding extensions works around important highs and lows, and smooth moves. I can try and share some of the charts, if that would be helpful.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 
AllSeeker's Avatar
 AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Posts: 1,535 since Jan 2019
Thanks Given: 5,617
Thanks Received: 5,322


abagdasaryan View Post
I prefer quarter pivots, instead of fibs. I have found that fibs are easy to get trapped on from my experience, as all the algos know that everyone uses them.

Regarding mapping, I have found that practice and practice and practice is the only teacher with how to get them right. I can't quite explain over text, as finding extensions works around important highs and lows, and smooth moves. I can try and share some of the charts, if that would be helpful.

I see.

Do share the charts, I appreciate it.


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
abagdasaryan
Philadelphia, PA, USA
 
Posts: 5 since Apr 2020
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4


LastDino View Post
I see.

Do share the charts, I appreciate it.

Next Trade for sure.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on April 7, 2020


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts