NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Scan for tight option spreads in ThinkorSwim?


Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,777 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
apollo23
Singapore
 
Posts: 12 since Feb 2020
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 2

Hi

Is there a script in TOS to scan for tight option bid/ask spread?

Thanks


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
TCCONDE's Avatar
 TCCONDE 
San Francisco, California, USA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tastyworks
Broker: Tastyworks
Trading: CL, ZW, ZS, ZC, ES, NG, Smalls
Posts: 18 since Sep 2019
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 44

Hi, yeah, I am an options guy too. I have never found that. I USED TO think that the tight markets equated to more liquidity which for me, LIQUIDITY IS KING. But honestly, I have never seen it as a script. And I think for good reason. I could see a $0.02 market. So what? In a minute, or two seconds, it could be a nickel wide. Does it affect my trading? No. I can see all kinds of volume and being a nickel wide is fine with me. And what do I scan for? If I could see something like the average spread over the last X time period, yeah, I'd look at that. But you have so many exchanges, and so much volume that being able to see that, YES, TSLA WAS TRADING WITH A 0.02 SPREAD 82 SECONDS AGO, just doesn't float my boat anymore.

Be well,
Tim


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on May 9, 2020


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts