2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread
 ahrink 
Park Ridge IL

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT,MC,Andromeda,R Trader
Broker: Optimus, CQG, AMP
Trading: NQ,CL,FX

A good one that I heard today 20180925 from Matt Zimberg w/ Optimus Futures is that some traders wants to scalp [@ one or less Milliseconds] and make money on a half of a tick – sure but what logic would apply to such wise-engineering?
(a) up until now was not mentioned that a symbol has divisions of a tick
(b) perhaps one can divide the value of the tick but not the tick as a unit of measurement.
(c) would rounding over to the whole-tick would imply completion of a tick? Not in a million years.

Conclusion: One cannot take credit for a whole-tick if partially completed – there is not such thing as division of ticks in trading.

Further logic: is when the system is changed and new symbols are born with a fine-grained division as such consider names of following

fine-grained measurements
1 Picoseconds = 1000 femtoseconds
1 Nanoseconds = 1000 Picoseconds
1 Microseconds = 1000 Nanoseconds
1 Milliseconds = 1000 Microseconds
1 Seconds = 1000 Milliseconds

PS: emini is dead as I see micro-mini in some parts of the world, perhaps fento-mini is upcoming
Here is a good idea as to measurement so small that has no money value but a value of fast-thought. – Oh you want to know mine [fast-thought]: tachyon aberrations followed by a symbol will result in imaginary financial value

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ichimoku Ninja 8
NinjaTrader
What You Know vs How much you know about it
Traders Hideout
Has anyone taken The Confident Trader course from aheadc …
Trading Reviews and Vendors
MC Advanced Simulated Trading.
MultiCharts
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
HumbleTraders next chapter
46 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
45 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
41 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
30 thanks
1 Minute Man
19 thanks

vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA

Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Thanks Given: 2,958
Thanks Received: 2,853

Imma gonna wait for the e-pico-nano-micro-mini NQ futures to come out before I start trading NQ. Then we'll see some real price action!

~vmodus

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 ahrink 
Park Ridge IL

Platform: NT,MC,Andromeda,R Trader
Broker: Optimus, CQG, AMP
Trading: NQ,CL,FX

vmodus View Post
Imma gonna wait for the e-pico-nano-micro-mini NQ futures to come out before I start trading NQ. Then we'll see some real price action!

~vmodus

Just got back to trading after one year to note MNQ “$2 x the Nasdaq-100 Index and has a minimum tick of 0.25 index points”
https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equity-index/us-index/micro-e-mini-nasdaq-100.html

AHR20200723
PS: nice to see you @FIO -- I m not used to the new name -- thank you for mentioning my robot;
if you know someone whats to do a study like chart that is plotting per AHR123 I could tip w/$100

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread Reply With Quote

vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA

Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Thanks Given: 2,958
Thanks Received: 2,853

ahrink View Post
Just got back to trading after one year to note MNQ “$2 x the Nasdaq-100 Index and has a minimum tick of 0.25 index points”
https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equity-index/us-index/micro-e-mini-nasdaq-100.html

AHR20200723
PS: nice to see you @FIO -- I m not used to the new name -- thank you for mentioning my robot;
if you know someone whats to do a study like chart that is plotting per AHR123 I could tip w/$100

You may be mistaking me for someone else. This is the only public forum I frequent and the only username I've used.

~vmodus

Enjoy everything!
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on July 23, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts