NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Best way to automate testing a strategy across different instruments


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one kevinkdog with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two bchip with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kjhosken with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 adbertram with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 6,189 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
adbertram
Evansville, IN
 
Posts: 9 since Aug 2020
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 4

I have a strategy that I'd like to test across different markets in TradeStation. Is there an easy way I can apply and test this strategy across dozens of symbols at the same time and inspect results?


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 bchip 
Torino, Italy
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES,YM,CL,GC
Posts: 132 since Sep 2017
Thanks Given: 160
Thanks Received: 117


adbertram View Post
I have a strategy that I'd like to test across different markets in TradeStation. Is there an easy way I can apply and test this strategy across dozens of symbols at the same time and inspect results?

Would love to hear as well... I ended designing my own backtesting engine at the end of the day
as the testing process took to long.

The other idea is maybe just too limit everything (eg) only have 4 instruments you focus on.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 kjhosken 
Seattle, WA/USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, TS
Trading: Forex, crude
Posts: 96 since Sep 2016
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 35


Have you tried portfolio maestro?


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489


adbertram View Post
I have a strategy that I'd like to test across different markets in TradeStation. Is there an easy way I can apply and test this strategy across dozens of symbols at the same time and inspect results?

Use the Tradestation Optimization API. In the past 2 weeks, I've literally run millions of strategy runs, on 40 markets and 5 bar sizes.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on October 5, 2020


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts