NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Can I call data from a closed-source indicator in Tradestation?


Discussion in TradeStation

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,413 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 sgjohnson 
Kingsport, Tennessee
 
Experience: None
Posts: 38 since Apr 2020
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 13

Is it possible to build a strategy using data or alert status from a closed-source indicator? I can see the data point I need in the data window on the chart. Of course I don't know if that's the name given in the code or the actual variable name.

If I add open-source indicators are all the methods, functions, etc. automatically listed in the dictionary in TDE? Where would they be located?

Do I just need to email the developer of the indicator and ask them to open the source?


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

sgjohnson,

you will not be able to access values from an indicator by default. The best approach might be to have the developer create a function for you that provides the values. Functions can be called from within a strategy or other functions and they can be closed code, too.

Regards,

ABCTG


sgjohnson View Post
Is it possible to build a strategy using data or alert status from a closed-source indicator? I can see the data point I need in the data window on the chart. Of course I don't know if that's the name given in the code or the actual variable name.

If I add open-source indicators are all the methods, functions, etc. automatically listed in the dictionary in TDE? Where would they be located?

Do I just need to email the developer of the indicator and ask them to open the source?


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on October 13, 2020


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts