NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Manual Position Strategy


Discussion in TradeStation

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,396 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
jkepha
San Antonio, TX
 
Posts: 31 since Apr 2020
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 6

Hello!

Is there a way to enter into a position in my strategy after the enter criteria has been met? For instance, if my long entry is "go long after price rises 25 cents," and I switch symbol (change the option strike) and that option has already gone up 25 cents, is there a way to enter into the long position manually in the strategy?

If I miss the entry and just put an order in in the quick trade bar, the strategy does not recognize that long position (it doesn't know I'm long).

Does anyone know? Thank you!!!!

Ryan


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
vmodus's Avatar
 vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA
Legendary Systematic Algo Trader
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Posts: 1,270 since Feb 2017
Thanks Given: 2,960
Thanks Received: 2,856


jkepha View Post
Hello!

Is there a way to enter into a position in my strategy after the enter criteria has been met? For instance, if my long entry is "go long after price rises 25 cents," and I switch symbol (change the option strike) and that option has already gone up 25 cents, is there a way to enter into the long position manually in the strategy?

If I miss the entry and just put an order in in the quick trade bar, the strategy does not recognize that long position (it doesn't know I'm long).

Does anyone know? Thank you!!!!

Ryan

When you trade manually and with a strategy, your strategy can get out of sync, which is the problem you are describing. I have learned to not manually trade while a strategy is running. If I have to, I will turn off the strategy

I think there is a way to ensure you are synchronizing. Check out the Automation section of the Strategy Properties. I think the "Adopt real world position...." parameter may have some control over this.



Also, I recommend going to TradeStation's community forum, as I know this question has been asked.


~vmodus

Enjoy everything!
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on November 2, 2020


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts