NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





How to implement this?


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,905 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
r41866
Cypress Texas/USA
 
Posts: 10 since Mar 2021
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I want to do the following to submit my orders quickly.

1. Check the current bar to see whether it is a bullish bar.

2. If it is, get the high and low of the bar. Use High - Low + 2 ticks as the risk, to see whether the bar is too large for the maximum risk I can tolerate.

3. If the risk is ok, place a stop market order 1 tick above the High the moment the next bar is opened.

4. If the risk is too large, after the current bar is closed, wait for the break of the High of the current bar. Once the High is broken, place a limit order according to the maximum risk.

I am pretty new to Multicharts programming. Please let me know the frame work of this flow. I currently have no idea because this seems to require 2 or 3 entry strategies and I don't know what to do if that's the case.

Thanks.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 kjhosken 
Seattle, WA/USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, TS
Trading: Forex, crude
Posts: 96 since Sep 2016
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 35


r41866 View Post
I want to do the following to submit my orders quickly.

1. Check the current bar to see whether it is a bullish bar.

2. If it is, get the high and low of the bar. Use High - Low + 2 ticks as the risk, to see whether the bar is too large for the maximum risk I can tolerate.

3. If the risk is ok, place a stop market order 1 tick above the High the moment the next bar is opened.

4. If the risk is too large, after the current bar is closed, wait for the break of the High of the current bar. Once the High is broken, place a limit order according to the maximum risk.

I am pretty new to Multicharts programming. Please let me know the frame work of this flow. I currently have no idea because this seems to require 2 or 3 entry strategies and I don't know what to do if that's the case.

Thanks.


I'm at work, so can't verify that this works, but this might get you started in the right direction
 
Code
inputs:
myrisk$(100);
vars: risk2points(0), bulls(false), bears(false), risk(0);

risk2points = myrisk$ / bigpointvalue;

if open > close then begin
    risk = (high-low+2 * minmove) * bigpointvalue;
       if risk < myrisk$ then buy next bar at high + 1 point stop;
       if risk > myrisk$ then buy next bar at low + risk2points;
end;


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
r41866
Cypress Texas/USA
 
Posts: 10 since Mar 2021
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1


Thank you for the response. However, it won't work according to my plan. If the risk is larger then the risk tolerance, I want the strategy to wait for the break of the current bar and then place a limit order. However, your code places the limit order even if the high of the current bar is not broken.


kjhosken View Post
I'm at work, so can't verify that this works, but this might get you started in the right direction
 
Code
inputs:
myrisk$(100);
vars: risk2points(0), bulls(false), bears(false), risk(0);

risk2points = myrisk$ / bigpointvalue;

if open > close then begin
    risk = (high-low+2 * minmove) * bigpointvalue;
       if risk < myrisk$ then buy next bar at high + 1 point stop;
       if risk > myrisk$ then buy next bar at low + risk2points;
end;


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on March 8, 2021


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts