NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Help understanding indicator construction for tradestation


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 4,023 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
YertleTurtle's Avatar
 YertleTurtle 
Portland, USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ZS
Posts: 215 since May 2011
Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 362

I want to make a type of zig zag indicator that updates in realtime and zigs from highest close to lowest close over a certain threshold.

The issue that I'm having is a conceptual one. How do I adjust previous indicator data points when there is a new tick? (I've looked at the zig-zag indicators provided by tradestation and all of them are lagging in order to avoid this issue).

How do I adjust an indicator that has already been plotted?


And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

- Anais Nin
Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
SunTrader
Boca Raton, FL
 
Posts: 267 since Nov 2018
Thanks Given: 84
Thanks Received: 185


YertleTurtle View Post
I want to make a type of zig zag indicator that updates in realtime and zigs from highest close to lowest close over a certain threshold.

The issue that I'm having is a conceptual one. How do I adjust previous indicator data points when there is a new tick? (I've looked at the zig-zag indicators provided by tradestation and all of them are lagging in order to avoid this issue).

How do I adjust an indicator that has already been plotted?

Hit ctrl-r.

Or build another Delorean TimeMachine.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 
YertleTurtle's Avatar
 YertleTurtle 
Portland, USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ZS
Posts: 215 since May 2011
Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 362


I finally figured it out without the delorean.

Cheers


And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

- Anais Nin
Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on April 11, 2021


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts