NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





How to determine a chart is refreshing instead of plotting in real time ?


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,791 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
syswizard's Avatar
 syswizard 
Philadelphia PA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: Ironbeam, Rithmic
Trading: Emini ES / NQ / CL / RTY / YM / BTC
Posts: 344 since Jan 2019
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 146

I need to perform some functions and calculations when I first open a chart and it is refreshing based on the lookback setting. Or do I have to wait for the LastBarOnChart and then go back in time to do the calculations ? For instance, I need to get the avg daily profit for the last 10 days.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

syswizard,

one approach could be to calculate the values bar by bar as the chart progresses if this is possible. For your example you could track the avg daily profit for every day and keep a running total of the last 10 days within an array.

Regards,

ABCTG


syswizard View Post
I need to perform some functions and calculations when I first open a chart and it is refreshing based on the lookback setting. Or do I have to wait for the LastBarOnChart and then go back in time to do the calculations ? For instance, I need to get the avg daily profit for the last 10 days.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on April 21, 2021


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts