NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Tradestation Strategies: activating several built in strategies just for alerts


Discussion in TradeStation

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,385 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 stumbras 
Denver, Colorado
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trdstation Trgview Motiwa
Broker: EdgeClear, Tradestation
Trading: Futures and Forex
Posts: 42 since Apr 2021
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 20

I would like to activate several built in strategies in Tradestation but I don't want those strategies placing order.

I want to place orders myself but being able to see generated alders by the strategies?

When I choose strategy and activate it it starts placing orders and I just want alerts.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

stumbras,

when you only place strategies on the chart without activating the automation they will display the entries and exits, but not issue actual orders to your account.
You can also enable the option "Generate strategy orders for display in TradeManager's Strategy Orders tab" while leaving the box for "Automate execution..." unchecked.

Regards,

ABCTG


stumbras View Post
I would like to activate several built in strategies in Tradestation but I don't want those strategies placing order.

I want to place orders myself but being able to see generated alders by the strategies?

When I choose strategy and activate it it starts placing orders and I just want alerts.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on May 20, 2021


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts