NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Size settings in auto trading


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,487 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
Small Dog's Avatar
 Small Dog 
Sydney NSW Australia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation, Oanda
Trading: Forex, index futures
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Days
Posts: 184 since Jun 2020
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 176

I am setting up an automated forex strategy in MultiCharts, my broker is Oanda. I am a little lost how to set the trading size. I am trading AUDNZD and USDJPY. Is it the same as trading manually?

I want to trade one mini - should I put 10000 shares/contracts in the strategy set up window? Same as "units" in Oanda trading window?


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
  #2 (permalink)
 
FuManChou's Avatar
 FuManChou 
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Edge Clear LLC
Trading: MNQ
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Hours
Posts: 109 since Jun 2019
Thanks Given: 1,144
Thanks Received: 122

I do not trade forex but did mess around with Oanda with a demo account and automated trading. The way I fixed this is to go into QuoteManager and change the Big Point Value field to the values below. The value below will depend on if you trade using micro, mini, or regular lots. See attached image as an example.

Micro Lot = 1,000
Mini Lot = 10,000
Regular Lot = 100,000


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Point Value.png
Views:	204
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	315040  
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on July 14, 2021


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts