NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





How do I change historical data in a series?


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,558 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
Rusti
Russia
 
Posts: 4 since Dec 2020
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hi all!
I am writing an indicator in MultiCharts and ran into such a problem.
I declare the series "private VariableSeries <Double> v1;".
I write the data "v1.Value = 100;"
I want to change the history data "v1 [10] = 50;"
The program swears. He says that you can only read.
How do I change historical data in a series?
Thanks!


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489


Rusti View Post
Hi all!
I am writing an indicator in MultiCharts and ran into such a problem.
I declare the series "private VariableSeries <Double> v1;".
I write the data "v1.Value = 100;"
I want to change the history data "v1 [10] = 50;"
The program swears. He says that you can only read.
How do I change historical data in a series?
Thanks!

If on the current bar you say v1=50 then 10 bars from now, if you reference v1[10] it will equal 50.

The history is created as each bar passes, and you cannot go back and change that.

Or maybe I misunderstood your question.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643


Rusti,

you could for example use a List instead of VariableSeries. This would allow you to change values at an index.

Regards,

ABCTG


Rusti View Post
Hi all!
I am writing an indicator in MultiCharts and ran into such a problem.
I declare the series "private VariableSeries <Double> v1;".
I write the data "v1.Value = 100;"
I want to change the history data "v1 [10] = 50;"
The program swears. He says that you can only read.
How do I change historical data in a series?
Thanks!


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
Rusti
Russia
 
Posts: 4 since Dec 2020
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0


ABCTG View Post
Rusti,

you could for example use a List instead of VariableSeries. This would allow you to change values at an index.

Regards,

ABCTG

Thanks for the tip.
Can't find List. Can you tell us in more detail? What is this variable? What is her name in the MCH? And then I myself.
Thanks in advance!!!


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

Rusti,

this should get you started: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/programming-guide/concepts/collections

Regards,

ABCTG


Rusti View Post
Thanks for the tip.
Can't find List. Can you tell us in more detail? What is this variable? What is her name in the MCH? And then I myself.
Thanks in advance!!!


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on October 27, 2021


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts