NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Effective stop loss strategies


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,399 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
dobby94lv
Toronto Ontario Canada
 
Posts: 11 since Nov 2021
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 3

Hello Everyone

I try to trade mini ES daily without stop loss. So far I made 28 points on Monday but lost 22 of it onTuesday. I tried 2 pt stop loss but most of my trades failed. so in this case I don't know what I should do

Any recommendations are highly appreciated

Thanks


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 Symple 
Zuerich / Switzerland
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Master
Platform: TastyTrade
Broker: TastyTrade
Trading: Hedges with Options on Stocks, ETF's and Futures
Frequency: Every few weeks
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 1,282 since Sep 2021
Thanks Given: 1,720
Thanks Received: 2,579


dobby94lv View Post
Hello Everyone

I try to trade mini ES daily without stop loss. So far I made 28 points on Monday but lost 22 of it onTuesday. I tried 2 pt stop loss but most of my trades failed. so in this case I don't know what I should do

Any recommendations are highly appreciated

Thanks

Well: Stay further with paper trades and nothing will hurt you or explain to the forum at least in more details what you try to do and how you do it on SIM trading.

Symple


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 
SMCJB's Avatar
 SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT Stellar & Tradestation
Broker: Primarily Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals, U308 and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Posts: 5,247 since Dec 2013
Thanks Given: 4,591
Thanks Received: 10,544


See this conversation


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on December 27, 2021


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts