NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Tos Halfback


Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,358 views
    2. thumb_up 3 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 dylant58 
osceola, missouri/united states of america
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Posts: 4 since Oct 2018
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had a indicator that would just plot the halfback of each 30 minute candle or bar during the RTH session. I have been trying to code my own indicator but i think im getting confused on my math calculation.

def halfback = round((OHLC4[1] + OHLC4[1])/2,2); is what I have been trying but I think im messing up the math somewhere. Maybe i need to try and calculate it in a different way.

Thanks!


Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
justtrader's Avatar
 justtrader 
San Francisco, CA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader, TOS
Trading: es, rty, cl, gc, nq, ym
Posts: 191 since May 2011
Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 176

Since you just want to plot the halfback of each bar, you can use something like the following. NOTE: it does not distinguish the RTH from ETH.


def halfBackDef = Low + (High - Low) / 2;
plot halfBack = halfBackDef;
halfBack.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);



dylant58 View Post
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had a indicator that would just plot the halfback of each 30 minute candle or bar during the RTH session. I have been trying to code my own indicator but i think im getting confused on my math calculation.

def halfback = round((OHLC4[1] + OHLC4[1])/2,2); is what I have been trying but I think im messing up the math somewhere. Maybe i need to try and calculate it in a different way.

Thanks!


TWYS NWYT (Price Advertises Opportunity; Time Regulates it; Volume Measures its Success/Failure ---- Dalton)
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
 dylant58 
osceola, missouri/united states of america
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Posts: 4 since Oct 2018
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1



justtrader View Post
Since you just want to plot the halfback of each bar, you can use something like the following. NOTE: it does not distinguish the RTH from ETH.


def halfBackDef = Low + (High - Low) / 2;
plot halfBack = halfBackDef;
halfBack.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);

Thanks you so much. this is exactly what i was trying to do. its really not a big deal it doesn't distinguish RTH from ETh. I knew I was overcomplicating this.


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on January 1, 2022


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts