NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Momentum Zline Trading


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 4,081 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
dojirock's Avatar
 dojirock 
Saint Joseph, Michigan
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Indices, Futures, Forex
Posts: 13 since Jul 2014
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 4

Hello all, my name is Mike. My screen name is dojirock (doji for short).I'm new to the forum. I'm looking for some guidance to help me code a simple (I think) show me indicator for tradestation. I successfully trade manually and have no intention of automating my style. I use Price Action, Momentum, and Z-lines.
I do code some easy language, but really only a novice.

What I am trying to do is find the highest close and lowest close of x number bars and box them in either with a shaded box or outline. This idea I have is to better establish a bias. I have attached my attempt to code this but I don't feel I'm even close or way overcomplicating it. My attempt overlaps the boxes. They should be separate boxes, built up of x bars.

Idea's / help?

-doji


Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: DOJIZONE V.ELD
Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
dojirock's Avatar
 dojirock 
Saint Joseph, Michigan
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Indices, Futures, Forex
Posts: 13 since Jul 2014
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 4

I manually draw them now. On a 3 min chart it gets.... well you know...
This is the look I'm trying to achieve.

-doji


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 
dojirock's Avatar
 dojirock 
Saint Joseph, Michigan
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Indices, Futures, Forex
Posts: 13 since Jul 2014
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 4


Todays trades were textbook trades.
Momentum breaking momentum.

-doji


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 
dojirock's Avatar
 dojirock 
Saint Joseph, Michigan
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Indices, Futures, Forex
Posts: 13 since Jul 2014
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 4

Just one aud/jpy trade today
Bearish momentum zone fail

-doji


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on July 7, 2022


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts