NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Voyage's take on TST 50K Combine


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,626 views
    2. thumb_up 6 thanks given
    3. group 0 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
Voyage
Paris, France
 
Posts: 8 since Jan 2023
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 8

Hi Guys,

I am here to share my journey through TopStepTrader's 50K Combine.

Main instrument is ES however I might look towards ZN, one day.
Because I trade mainly off the DOM, tape reading, ZN sounds more appropriate.

However I honed my teeth on the ES and developed kind of a skill, feel for it.

It's all about Price Action, Tape Reading and a tiny bit of Order Flow.

I have a ladder displayed + time and sales + 30min Chart.
Keeping an eye on the average true range of the 30min chart.

Trying to finish the combine in 1 month.
Which is a daily target of 300$.

Shooting for 5 x 6ticks on the ES
With symmetric RR or more favorable.

Trying to trade around open,
During 2 or 3 hours.

Setups are … multiples …
My favorite are reversals (IDK why …)
But I simply buy Support or Breakouts
Or I simply sell Resistance or Breakdowns.

Sometimes mean reversion,
Sometimes trend continuation.

I look at T&S to see confirmation,
Imbalance near levels and during the trade.

Depends on context ?
Should be context dependent.
But I have no systematic way of defining it.

Today is 2nd Day

Spoiler Alert /\
Never been a profitable trader !
Never withdrawn more than funded !

Why ?

Fear and greed are tough to beat.
Self sabotaging my trades.
Small gains … Big loss.

Sold the top. Took 1 tick profit.
Sold the bottom. Blew up my account.

I really wanted to quit trading,
Focus more on real life business.
But here I am with another combine.

I like AXIA Futures,
Never paid for any course.
Not recommending anything to anyone.

Anything else …

The market is the real deal.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-18 165546.png
Views:	188
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	329206  
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
Voyage
Paris, France
 
Posts: 8 since Jan 2023
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 8

Tradovate is from my experience kind of a toy software compared to Sierra Chart, NinjaTrader, Xtrader and the Co
But something I really like about it ... is the ability to put bells (Alerts) on the ladder by clicking on price.

That's the only DOM I've seen with this strange feature. However it helps a lot.
It enables me to keep track of the market swing highs and lows.

However since it's a toy thing...
It's really buggy.

Cheers.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-18 165546.png
Views:	167
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	329207  
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
Voyage
Paris, France
 
Posts: 8 since Jan 2023
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 8


Oh No, I lost 999$ today.
Didn't trade much but still ...

Tried to short around RTH open but market went up.
+ I didn't respect my stops and I did average down.

Equity is @ 50,300
+300 in 3 days.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_140.png
Views:	193
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	329242  
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
Voyage
Paris, France
 
Posts: 8 since Jan 2023
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 8

Friday been another disaster.
Basically ... tried to buy Breakout / sell breakdown near RTH open.
But the price was reverting back into the range, multiple times.

Finally caught one working long trade.

Standing @ +284$ and 18 days to go.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_547.png
Views:	141
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	329293  
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
Voyage
Paris, France
 
Posts: 8 since Jan 2023
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 8

+ ~20tick
+1tick
+7tick
+20tick
+16tick

Alright ... +935$ for the day.
Not a bad day.

EDIT

+2ticks
+3ticks

PnL +990


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-23 175623.png
Views:	170
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	329318  
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on January 23, 2023


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts