Search this Thread
 58LesPaul 
Owensboro, KY

Platform: TradingView
Trading: ES/NQ
Thanks Given: 197
Thanks Received: 101

Hey Guys/Gals,

I'm currently using TradingView and use a study to draw support and resistance levels. I input these levels in 2 separate spots, one for support and one for resistance. The format is 4977, 4970, 4963-65 (major), 4954, 4945 (major), 4938, 4925-30 (major), 4914, 4910 (major), 4904, 4898-96 (major). the levels with (major) will be a solid line, the levels that comprise an area like 4963-65 will draw a rectangle and levels with nothing beside it will draw a dashed line.

I currently have a simple study in ToS that will draw levels but it seems to be limited to only 3 separate input/levels. Is there a way to have more than 3 inputs in ToS? Here is the study;

input price1 = 0;
input price2 = 0;
input price3 = 0;

plot l1 = price1;
plot l2 = price2;
plot l3 = price3;

I can add more inputs but it won't draw them on the chart.

Is there a way to add more inputs? I would prefer only having 2 inputs, one for support and one for resistance where I can enter the levels like the format above but I don't if that is possible.

Thanks

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Has anyone taken The Confident Trader course from aheadc …
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Pivot Indicator based on Level2 data
NinjaTrader
Brendt Skorupinsky
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Help re translation of ninjascript to EL
NinjaTrader
How to plot a custom icon for crossover
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
91 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
73 thanks
Winning attitudes create winning traders
39 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
32 thanks
Topstep experience and review
28 thanks
 58LesPaul 
Owensboro, KY

Platform: TradingView
Trading: ES/NQ
Thanks Given: 197
Thanks Received: 101

I found another study that works but I have to enter every level into the study and then change the line type if its not a major S/R line. But it takes about long to enter into the study as it would just drawing the lines manually. Here's the code I changed to accommodate multiple levels.

input a = 0;
input b = 0;
input c = 0;
input D = 0;
input e = 0;
input f = 0;
input g = 0;
input h = 0;
input i = 0;
input j = 0;
input k = 0;
input l = 0;
input m = 0;
input n = 0;
input o = 0;
input p = 0;
input q = 0;
input r = 0;
input s = 0;
input t = 0;
input u = 0;
input v = 0;
input w = 0;
input x = 0;
input y = 0;
input z = 0;

#determines where lines will be drawn
plot aa = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then a else Double.NaN);
plot bb = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then b else Double.NaN);
plot cc = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then c else Double.NaN);
plot dd = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then D else Double.NaN);
plot ee = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then e else Double.NaN);
plot ff = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then f else Double.NaN);
plot gg = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then g else Double.NaN);
plot hh = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then h else Double.NaN);
plot ii = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then i else Double.NaN);
plot jj = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then j else Double.NaN);
plot kk = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then k else Double.NaN);
plot ll = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then l else Double.NaN);
plot mm = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then m else Double.NaN);
plot nn = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then n else Double.NaN);
plot oo = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then o else Double.NaN);
plot pp = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then p else Double.NaN);
plot qq = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then q else Double.NaN);
plot rr = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then r else Double.NaN);
plot ss = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then s else Double.NaN);
plot tt = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then t else Double.NaN);
plot uu = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then u else Double.NaN);
plot vv = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then v else Double.NaN);
plot ww = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then w else Double.NaN);
plot xx = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then x else Double.NaN);
plot yy = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then y else Double.NaN);
plot zz = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNaN(close) then z else Double.NaN);

#Set Color of Lines
aa.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
bb.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
cc.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
dd.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
ee.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
ff.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
gg.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
hh.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
ii.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
jj.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
kk.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
ll.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
mm.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
nn.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
oo.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
pp.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
qq.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
rr.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
ss.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
tt.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
uu.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
vv.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
ww.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
xx.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
yy.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);
zz.SetDefaultColor(color = Color.RED);

It would be convenient if I could just copy/paste the levels for support into one input and the resistance levels into another input. In Tradingview each level was separated with a comma and any level with (major) was a solid line and without (major) was dashed.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on February 3, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts