NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Enter after X bars Ninjatrader 8


Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,352 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
jan1980
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
 
Posts: 1 since Feb 2024
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Hi, I would like to enter X bars after my trigger signal which I can choose by a user input in Strategy Builder in Ninjatrader 8. How can I do this ?


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
  #2 (permalink)
 LanceElCamino 
Phoenix, AZ
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader, TradingView
Trading: Futures
Posts: 26 since Aug 2022
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 4

Create a variable to hold the number of bars since your signal: int BarsSinceSignal = MRO(()=> TriggerSignal, 1, Count);
If BarsSinceSignal == X then enter.
https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?most_recent_occurence_mro.htm


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
 jmont1 
New York, NY
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader8
Broker: Data = Rithmic -- Gives 70 Level II Data
Trading: 6C (Low Margin,) 6E, CL, GC, ES and Maybe DX for smaller tick value
Posts: 1,421 since May 2011
Thanks Given: 1,728
Thanks Received: 1,025



jan1980 View Post
Hi, I would like to enter X bars after my trigger signal which I can choose by a user input in Strategy Builder in Ninjatrader 8. How can I do this ?

@jan1980 I would suggest using the bars ago set to 7


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on February 17, 2024


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts