NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Professional Nasdaq Scalper

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one 1 Minute Man with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two hummeljt with 2 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 DowDaddy with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 DavidHP with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 508 views
    2. thumb_up 5 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 7 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

DowDaddy 
Las Vegas

Experience: Master
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: Nasdaq Futures
Thanks Given: 770
Thanks Received: 400

I took a bit of break from trading as I found myself completely undisciplined and doing my same old, market and strategy hopping. I realized that how I view myself is a direct correlation to how I interact and view markets. So I did some work on myself to be able to vie myself as a professional trader. Then I asked myself "What market would you trade if you knew you couldn't fail?". My resounding answer was the Nasdaq Futures market. I am a professional Nasdaq Futures trader. My trading style is utilizing a 1 Minute Chart. I focus all my attention specializing on the 1 Minute Chart.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2000 TICK Chart.png
Views:	36
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	339761  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
tick data interval discrepancy
NinjaTrader
Has anyone taken The Confident Trader course from aheadc …
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Is there a way to simulate CONTINUOUS CONTRACT?
NinjaTrader
MC Advanced Simulated Trading.
MultiCharts
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
93 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
76 thanks
Winning attitudes create winning traders
39 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
32 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
28 thanks

DavidHP 
Isla Mujeres, MX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrader / Optimus Futures / AmpFutures
Trading: ES / 6E / 6B / CL
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 11,395
Thanks Received: 2,785

I have used TICKQ in the past but it did not improve my trading so I dropped it.
Maybe I was not reading it correctly.
I have used Ehlers Simple Decycler and it seems to do a decent job at trend detection. FWIW

DowDaddy View Post
I took a bit of break from trading as I found myself completely undisciplined and doing my same old, market and strategy hopping. I realized that how I view myself is a direct correlation to how I interact and view markets. So I did some work on myself to be able to vie myself as a professional trader. Then I asked myself "What market would you trade if you knew you couldn't fail?". My resounding answer was the Nasdaq Futures market. I am a professional Nasdaq Futures trader. My trading style is utilizing a 1 minute Nasdaq Chart with a 13 & 34 EMA and a 1 Minute TICKQ Index Chart with a 13 & 34 EMA. The EMAs just show me trend, the TICKQ index shows pressure of Nasdaq stocks rising or falling. All my attention is focused on the 1-Minute chart and make all decisions and risk parameters based off the 1-Minute chart.

p.s. I have asked the author of the indicator for permission to post here.
If he gives it I will post it in the downloads. You can also find it on the NT App Share website.

Rejoice in the Thunderstorms of Life . . .
Knowing it's not about Clouds or Wind. . .
But Learning to Dance in the Rain ! ! !
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

DowDaddy 
Las Vegas

Experience: Master
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: Nasdaq Futures
Thanks Given: 770
Thanks Received: 400

DavidHP View Post
I have used TICKQ in the past but it did not improve my trading so I dropped it.
I have used Ehlers Simple Decycler and it seems to do a decent job at trend detection. FWIW

If he gives it I will post it in the downloads. You can also find it on the NT App Share website.

Thanks I will give it a download and try it out and see what it does!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 hummeljt 
Davenport, IA

Experience: Intermediate
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 13

DavidHP View Post

From my experience, the TICKQ with 42/5 EMA works a lot better for identifying overbought/oversold conditions and trend direction with the Russell 2000 that the NASDAQ 100. I tried using the ticks for the ND 100 and there was just too much noise.

Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

Thanks Given: 112
Thanks Received: 217

hummeljt View Post
From my experience, the TICKQ with 42/5 EMA works a lot better for identifying overbought/oversold conditions and trend direction with the Russell 2000 that the NASDAQ 100. I tried using the ticks for the ND 100 and there was just too much noise.

So you prefer the TICKQ with the Russell 2000 contract

hummeljt 
Davenport, IA

Experience: Intermediate
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 13

1 Minute Man View Post
So you prefer the TICKQ with the Russell 2000 contract

The TICKQ index is very broad based as it considers the entire Nasdaq exchange stocks listings (over 3,300 stocks). The NQ contract is only representative of the top 100 NASDAQ stocks. The broad base representative of the TICKQ seems to correlate better to the broader based Russell 2000 than it does to the smaller based NASDAQ 100.

Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

hummeljt View Post
The TICKQ index is very broad based as it considers the entire Nasdaq exchange stocks listings (over 3,300 stocks). The NQ contract is only representative of the top 100 NASDAQ stocks. The broad base representative of the TICKQ seems to correlate better to the broader based Russell 2000 than it does to the smaller based NASDAQ 100.

Wow looking over it now it does make price action much clearer on the Russell 2000 very interesting

1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

hummeljt View Post

Much appreciated this has me thinking the Russell 2000 is a very interesting day trading product

Last Updated on June 3, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts