NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Joe's Trading Garage

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JMAL with 41 posts (73 thanks)
    2. looks_two 1 Minute Man with 9 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ThemBones with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rumsontrader with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JMAL with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ThemBones with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 rumsontrader with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 1 Minute Man with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 3,725 views
    2. thumb_up 80 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 54 posts
    2. attach_file 131 attachments

Search this Thread

JMAL 
Houston Texas

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 155

5/29/24

Pre Trade

Goal today is to place entries at Retracement areas, win or loose.

Post Trades
Started off good, showed great patients with first 2 trades with wins. Had to run some errands and do some yard work. Sat back down about a hour before close. I pressed a trade and lost and to boot made another hoping to make it up so as I would not look the dumb butt. So way to go Joe, your now a dumb butt!

Thoughts
I think there is a thin line between trading and calling it a business and trading because it's an addiction. My last two trades today could only be an addiction.

Follow your Plan
Started this thread Reply With Quote

JMAL 
Houston Texas

5/30/24

Pre Trades

Raising contracts to two, enter nearest Retracement as possible.

Post Trades
Made 3 trades, all successful. Two were entered nearest the Retracement Area, one trade placed at a Larger Retracement Area (orange line).

Not sure I will be able to trade tomorrow so I am posting the month of May Trade Performance. For those following keep in mind my intent this month was to try and use what I refer to as Retracement Area to place trades/scalp. Along the way I incorporated an orange dashed arrow line which I refer to as a larger area Retracement. Either one of these areas is where the market looks to touch before reversing.

My performance wasn't good overall, 55.70% win ratio but as I mentioned earlier, its not about winning, although I always want to win. Is the Retracement area a good area to look to base a trade. I found that if reading the market direction is correct then placing an order at that area prior to the market reaching that area is the highest probability for a scalp or runner. There were many trades and Retracement Areas I didn't take a trade at, that's because I was either away from my desk, I wasn't reading the overall market direction or I just hesitated to enter because of the fear of a loss.

I started last April with this journal not knowing how it would affect my trading performance, I knew it would take a lot of my time and effort to post daily but I started and was determined to finish with good or bad results. I hope it opened some eyes of how the market like to retrace back to these area, I would have never thought about this when I first started trading. I would like to here from some of you followers, what you think, any suggestions to help me be a better trader.

Thanks again for all the thanks!

Follow your Plan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1017).png
Views:	12
Size:	446.5 KB
ID:	339817  
Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

Thanks Given: 112
Thanks Received: 217

So you said live sim? Is that funded account type stuff or is it just live data sim? Looking forward to reading your journal

JMAL 
Houston Texas

1 Minute Man View Post
So you said live sim? Is that funded account type stuff or is it just live data sim? Looking forward to reading your journal

Not a funded account, Ninja Trader Live using a Sim account. Real money not used. It is like Apex Funded account using Sim. Great way to practice methods. Although great discipline is needed to resist developing bad habits!

Follow your Plan
Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

JMAL View Post
Not a funded account, Ninja Trader Live using a Sim account. Real money not used. It is like Apex Funded account using Sim. Great way to practice methods. Although great discipline is needed to resist developing bad habits!

Got it yea I use apex funded aim the same way!

JMAL 
Houston Texas

6/6/24

Looking for trends, breaking it down.

Will it continue?

Made trade based off this analysis (+14 ticks), other than the momentary news spike it did as I predicted.

One trade made today, this entry was based off a Retracement area line (no longer showing) and what I have determined to be a repeatable pattern. It went against me only 1 point but turned in my favor for 14 tick gain.

Making a change, will now draw 6 lines for this pattern.

Follow your Plan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1137).png
Views:	4
Size:	345.9 KB
ID:	340063  
Thanked by:

JMAL 
Houston Texas

6/7/24

Turtle Patrol today, missed all but the last hour of trading. Made one successful 2point trade with one MES contract. Felt I was pushing it so I sat on my hands, not making anymore trades today. I had planned to start back live trading Monday but decided to break the ice today. It felt good to make a live trade and a successful one.

I think Mack (Mack's Price Action) would call this a perfect second entry short.

Thoughts
Nothing like getting out of your chair, taking a long 3 mile turtle patrol walk to help see the market clearer

Follow your Plan
Thanked by:

ThemBones 
Chattanooga, TN

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 376
Thanks Received: 95

Nice work!!!

Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

Green Day always a win

JMAL 
Houston Texas

1 Minute Man View Post
Green Day always a win

Follow your Plan

Last Updated on June 13, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts