Fort Lauderdale
Legendary / Stochastic Calculus is not your friend

Experience: None
Platform: Ninjatrader, Python API
Broker: CQG
Trading: S&P, Crude, Gold
Thanks Given: 3,511
Thanks Received: 1,563

Hey guys, just curious what your experience is with Warrior Trading / Ross Cameron? I see his videos all over youtube but also see this:

Federal Trade Commission Cracks Down on Warrior Trading For Misleading Consumers With False Investment Promises
Investing Company and its Owner Will Pay $3 Million in FTC Case
April 19, 2022
FacebookTwitterLinkedIn
Tags: Consumer Protection Bureau of Consumer Protection Investment Internet commerce deceptive/misleading conduct Finance Advertising and Marketing Online Advertising and Marketing Advertising and Marketing Basics
The Federal Trade Commission is cracking down on the Warrior Trading day trading investment scheme for making misleading and unrealistic claims of big investment gains to consumers. The FTC alleges that Warrior Trading and its CEO, Ross Cameron, used those claims to convince consumers to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for a trading system that ultimately failed to pay off for most customers.

As a result of the FTC’s case, Warrior Trading will be required to pay $3 million to refund consumers and will be prohibited from making baseless claims about the potential for consumers to earn money using their trading strategies.

“Warrior Trading is paying a heavy price for misleading consumers with bogus money-making claims,” said Samuel Levine, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection. “The FTC will continue its crackdown on false earnings claims and phony opportunities.”

Warrior Trading, based in Great Barrington, Mass., promotes day-trading investments online, claiming to sell a trading strategy that will show consumers “how to make a profit in the markets.” From 2018 to 2021, the company made tens of millions of dollars selling its programs online. Day trading is a form of investing where consumers buy and sell stocks over very short intervals throughout the day, hoping to make profit during the very short times in which they may own shares in a particular firm.

The FTC’s complaint alleges that Warrior Trading’s advertising showcased the trading results of its CEO and founder, Ross Cameron, claiming that his strategies were both “profitable” and “scalable.” Warrior Trading deployed deceptive earnings claims throughout its sales pitch in violation of the FTC Act, and the Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR).

According to the complaint, the vast majority of customer accounts actually lost money, with numerous consumers losing thousands of dollars trading on top of the thousands they paid Warrior Trading.

In its online advertisements, Warrior Trading exhorted consumers:

“Learn to Trade With Certainty Towards The Financial Freedom You’ve Always Wanted”
“Learn How I Made over $101,280.47 in Verified Profits Day Trading Part Time in Under 45 Days Using 3 Simple Strategies that You Can Use Immediately to Increase profits and Reduce Losses NOW!”
“Start trading over my shoulder side-by-side with me because I guarantee you that next week, the week after, the week after that, I’ll be trading the one or two stocks each day that move up 20 to 30 percent.”

Enforcement Action:

Under the FTC Act, and the TSR, the FTC has the authority to take action against companies violating consumer protection laws, including engaging in unfair or deceptive acts or practices. Under the court order agreed to by the FTC and Warrior Trading, the defendants must:

Pay consumer redress. Warrior Trading must pay $3 million to consumers harmed by its false earnings claims and phony opportunities
Shut down bogus earnings claims. The order prohibits the company from making unsubstantiated earnings claims and misrepresenting that purchasers of their products can be successful in trade regardless of their educational background, the amount of capital they have to invest, or the amount of time they spend trading; and
Prohibit TSR violations. The company is prohibited from further violations of the TSR, including making any misrepresentations through telemarketing about investment opportunities, including the earnings potential or amount of risk a consumer might face.

The Commission vote approving the stipulated final order was 4-0. The FTC filed the proposed order in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Massachusetts. The Commission thanks the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Economic and Risk Analysis, Office of Litigation Economics for its invaluable assistance and analysis of the relevant trading data in connection with the Warrior Trading matter.

NOTE: Stipulated final orders have the force of law when approved and signed by the District Court judge.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
MC Advanced Simulated Trading.
MultiCharts
What You Know vs How much you know about it
Traders Hideout
How to plot a custom icon for crossover
NinjaTrader
Radarscreen
TradeStation

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
94 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
76 thanks
Winning attitudes create winning traders
39 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
32 thanks
Topstep experience and review
28 thanks
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader / Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Futures / 0dte
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 89
Thanks Received: 122

Devil Man View Post
Hey guys, just curious what your experience is with Warrior Trading / Ross Cameron? I see his videos all over youtube but also see this:

Federal Trade Commission Cracks Down on Warrior Trading For Misleading Consumers With False Investment Promises
Investing Company and its Owner Will Pay $3 Million in FTC Case
April 19, 2022
FacebookTwitterLinkedIn
Tags: Consumer Protection Bureau of Consumer Protection Investment Internet commerce deceptive/misleading conduct Finance Advertising and Marketing Online Advertising and Marketing Advertising and Marketing Basics
The Federal Trade Commission is cracking down on the Warrior Trading day trading investment scheme for making misleading and unrealistic claims of big investment gains to consumers. The FTC alleges that Warrior Trading and its CEO, Ross Cameron, used those claims to convince consumers to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for a trading system that ultimately failed to pay off for most customers.

As a result of the FTC’s case, Warrior Trading will be required to pay $3 million to refund consumers and will be prohibited from making baseless claims about the potential for consumers to earn money using their trading strategies.

“Warrior Trading is paying a heavy price for misleading consumers with bogus money-making claims,” said Samuel Levine, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection. “The FTC will continue its crackdown on false earnings claims and phony opportunities.”

Warrior Trading, based in Great Barrington, Mass., promotes day-trading investments online, claiming to sell a trading strategy that will show consumers “how to make a profit in the markets.” From 2018 to 2021, the company made tens of millions of dollars selling its programs online. Day trading is a form of investing where consumers buy and sell stocks over very short intervals throughout the day, hoping to make profit during the very short times in which they may own shares in a particular firm.

The FTC’s complaint alleges that Warrior Trading’s advertising showcased the trading results of its CEO and founder, Ross Cameron, claiming that his strategies were both “profitable” and “scalable.” Warrior Trading deployed deceptive earnings claims throughout its sales pitch in violation of the FTC Act, and the Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR).

According to the complaint, the vast majority of customer accounts actually lost money, with numerous consumers losing thousands of dollars trading on top of the thousands they paid Warrior Trading.

In its online advertisements, Warrior Trading exhorted consumers:

“Learn to Trade With Certainty Towards The Financial Freedom You’ve Always Wanted”
“Learn How I Made over $101,280.47 in Verified Profits Day Trading Part Time in Under 45 Days Using 3 Simple Strategies that You Can Use Immediately to Increase profits and Reduce Losses NOW!”
“Start trading over my shoulder side-by-side with me because I guarantee you that next week, the week after, the week after that, I’ll be trading the one or two stocks each day that move up 20 to 30 percent.”

Enforcement Action:

Under the FTC Act, and the TSR, the FTC has the authority to take action against companies violating consumer protection laws, including engaging in unfair or deceptive acts or practices. Under the court order agreed to by the FTC and Warrior Trading, the defendants must:

Pay consumer redress. Warrior Trading must pay $3 million to consumers harmed by its false earnings claims and phony opportunities
Shut down bogus earnings claims. The order prohibits the company from making unsubstantiated earnings claims and misrepresenting that purchasers of their products can be successful in trade regardless of their educational background, the amount of capital they have to invest, or the amount of time they spend trading; and
Prohibit TSR violations. The company is prohibited from further violations of the TSR, including making any misrepresentations through telemarketing about investment opportunities, including the earnings potential or amount of risk a consumer might face.

The Commission vote approving the stipulated final order was 4-0. The FTC filed the proposed order in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Massachusetts. The Commission thanks the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Economic and Risk Analysis, Office of Litigation Economics for its invaluable assistance and analysis of the relevant trading data in connection with the Warrior Trading matter.

NOTE: Stipulated final orders have the force of law when approved and signed by the District Court judge.

I've only seen his videos on my recommended, don't really follow them. Looks like the only yt video I've watched is this one
. As a general rule I don't buy any course or any product or service from a youtuber or influencer so I've never even noticed he had a course

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

ThemBones 
Chattanooga, TN

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 376
Thanks Received: 95

This was discussed in a previous thread. I had posted in there, but I have evolved since some of the things I wrote. Some I still believe, others I have learned better. To reiterate some of what I wrote, I did take the course, I left profitable, there is a lot of useful information in the course, Ross has lots of in the trade videos recorded and the thoughts with them, and there are other traders teaching other methods. I never traded like Ross. I never thought I got taken either. I was responsible for my results going in and when I left.

Other than what I wrote above, I have no relationship with Warrior Trading, and I do not know Ross.

This member, abev, sums up the thread best and I now agree with practically everything written:

In closing, I'm reminded of a Mark Douglas story about Jake Bernstein when someone asked why he's selling his course if it's so good? Jake replied something along the lines of: 'I'll sell as many courses as you want to buy, but I guarantee there isn't one of you in the audience who can trade it.'

Thanked by:

Devil Man 
Fort Lauderdale
Legendary / Stochastic Calculus is not your friend

Experience: None
Platform: Ninjatrader, Python API
Broker: CQG
Trading: S&P, Crude, Gold
Thanks Given: 3,511
Thanks Received: 1,563

ThemBones View Post
This was discussed in a previous thread. I had posted in there, but I have evolved since some of the things I wrote. Some I still believe, others I have learned better. To reiterate some of what I wrote, I did take the course, I left profitable, there is a lot of useful information in the course, Ross has lots of in the trade videos recorded and the thoughts with them, and there are other traders teaching other methods. I never traded like Ross. I never thought I got taken either. I was responsible for my results going in and when I left.

Other than what I wrote above, I have no relationship with Warrior Trading, and I do not know Ross.

This member, abev, sums up the thread best and I now agree with practically everything written:

In closing, I'm reminded of a Mark Douglas story about Jake Bernstein when someone asked why he's selling his course if it's so good? Jake replied something along the lines of: 'I'll sell as many courses as you want to buy, but I guarantee there isn't one of you in the audience who can trade it.'

I disagree. Nothing vague about being fined $3 million for restitution and forced to comply with language going forward... with a foot on your neck from the US Govt.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on June 6, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts