3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread
gabrielw
Salt Lake City

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 9

I am a young trader who has only been trading for about a year now. I started off day trading but was not a fan of it and around that time I stumbled upon the journal of Michael Moore. While reading his journal I became seriously invested in scalping and became more interested in trading CL (I had previously been trading ES and YM). I am now working on my own scalping strategy for trading NQ based around trading support and resistance zones on a small scall mainly based off of the 5 minute and 100 tick charts. I aspire to one day be a successful trader and be able to make an impact on other people's lives for the good through trading.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Has anyone tried the auto trader called OBS by stratgeek …
Platforms and Indicators
Anyone tried the autotrader by stratgeeks called ORS?
Trading Reviews and Vendors
How to plot a custom icon for crossover
NinjaTrader
MC Advanced Simulated Trading.
MultiCharts

gabrielw
Salt Lake City

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 9

Today was my 2nd day doing a combine challenge. I was up $673 for the week but I blew that today because I was rushing my trades. I had planned on finishing this combine's challenge by the end of the week and I had set a goal. However, the fundamental mistake that I made was that I set a money goal. If I can say one thing to young traders, it would be to not set a goal based off income. If you create good trading habits and strive to follow your strategy and make good trades the money will come naturally. If you are trading based off of profit you are doing it wrong. This has been a difficult lesson for me to learn but I hope I can be a lesson to others to not make the same mistakes. I wish everyone who reads my journal the best of luck in their trading.

1 Minute Man 
Las Vegas

Platform: Ninja Trader & TopStepX
Trading: Gold Futures GC/MGC
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 184
Thanks Received: 243

gabrielw View Post
Today was my 2nd day doing a combine challenge. I was up $673 for the week but I blew that today because I was rushing my trades. I had planned on finishing this combine's challenge by the end of the week and I had set a goal. However, the fundamental mistake that I made was that I set a money goal. If I can say one thing to young traders, it would be to not set a goal based off income. If you create good trading habits and strive to follow your strategy and make good trades the money will come naturally. If you are trading based off of profit you are doing it wrong. This has been a difficult lesson for me to learn but I hope I can be a lesson to others to not make the same mistakes. I wish everyone who reads my journal the best of luck in their trading.

Completely agree

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 2,424
Thanks Received: 1,074

gabrielw View Post
If you are trading based off of profit you are doing it wrong.

I agree. I think there are people who instinctively look at it from the perspective of profit maximisation and others who instinctively look at it from the perspective of risk management, and my money's always on the second group for the win.

Good luck with your trading and with your Journal.

Last Updated on June 12, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts