NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Daytrading to swingtrading


Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one KERESTELY33 with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two SITM Trader with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jonas1420 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Hahawe with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 271 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
Hahawe
Cebu, Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
 
Posts: 4 since Mar 2026
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 1

Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone. I'm a day trader, and I'm planning to switch to swing trading. I want to ask, what specific timeframe do you all use for swing trading? Time frame for technical analysis and entry.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
Mes vs MNQ
3 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
SITM Trader
Wellington New Zealand
 
Posts: 3 since Sep 2026
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1


Hahawe View Post
Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone. I'm a day trader, and I'm planning to switch to swing trading. I want to ask, what specific timeframe do you all use for swing trading? Time frame for technical analysis and entry.

Hi Hahawe, I do swing trading of gold on the daily and weekly charts. I found day trading is not for me. It doesn’t suit me having to watch the markets so closely. Also,, being down the end of the world means that I’d have to be actively monitoring the markets during my night time. With swing trading, I can do my analysis before the markets open at around 10am my time, put my trades on at opening at 10.30am, then let things run. What markets do you trade?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
jonas1420
Liberec Czech Republic
 
Posts: 3 since Sep 2026
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0



Hahawe View Post
Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone. I'm a day trader, and I'm planning to switch to swing trading. I want to ask, what specific timeframe do you all use for swing trading? Time frame for technical analysis and entry.

I’d generally use multiple timeframes rather than relying on one.

For example, I’d use the **weekly/daily chart for the overall trend and major levels**, then the **4H or 1H for setup identification**, and finally the **1H/15M for the actual entry**, depending on how long I expect to hold the position.

The exact combination matters less than keeping the timeframes consistent with your holding period. If you’re holding for several days to a few weeks, using something like Daily → 4H → 1H makes more sense than trying to make decisions from a 5-minute chart.

I’d also avoid changing the timeframe just to find a better-looking setup. Define the timeframe structure beforehand and test it over enough historical data to see whether it actually adds value.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on October 1, 2026


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts