NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Percentage of Capital Allocated to Futures


Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,694 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
USIndexTrader's Avatar
 USIndexTrader 
Lake Oconee GA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8
Broker: APEX Trader Funding & NinjaTrader
Trading: Indices, Currencies, Energy, Metals
Posts: 57 since Dec 2010
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 46

I'm curious how others trade their capital "allocation". Do you invest in stocks, trade or day trade stocks or are members mainly futures traders? What I really want to know is what percent of your available assets you commit to trading futures specifically? Personally I'm considering moving to about a 75% allocation towards futures. I trade QM, EC, ES, TF, and US systematically and heavily automated. I've done well through the years but want to ratchet up my futures exposure.

Thanks!


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 gg80108 
Castle Pines N, CO.
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Amp Futures/Zen-Fire)
Trading: ES
Posts: 201 since Jul 2009
Thanks Given: 196
Thanks Received: 132



dgresens View Post
I'm curious how others trade their capital "allocation". Do you invest in stocks, trade or day trade stocks or are members mainly futures traders? What I really want to know is what percent of your available assets you commit to trading futures specifically? Personally I'm considering moving to about a 75% allocation towards futures. I trade QM, EC, ES, TF, and US systematically and heavily automated. I've done well through the years but want to ratchet up my futures exposure.

Thanks!


This is truly an interesting question.. If u truly do well I'll give u my risk capital, and I'll go play golf !

I've posed this same question to the some of the gurus that run trading rooms, but they would never give me a straight answer..

I've never done well in futures,, so my allocation to futures is just money that may be gone today or tomorrow..
My real money is in the "holding the bag" emerging market funds and oil / gas income partnerships etfs.. Though I have some munis etfs and cmo etfs which bring in dividend income.. (till big Ben looses control of the situation,, but then we will all be screwed then)
I'm just the millionaire next door from saving during my working years plus social security and VA health care.. So I risk the social security only in futures.. I don't bet on golf either just like to hit the ball..


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on February 3, 2011


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts